New update to Montana line?

emariu

Does anybody know something about an upgrade to Montana line? montana 750 or something?!

Every other line has been updated and the top of the line, Montana is still outdated..

I'm more and more inclined to switch to android gps software with a rugged power bank,the screen resolution and size, very fast processor and memory..everything is in favor to dump garmin montana

I cannot call 680 a real update..some small improvements over the predecesors

Even the oregon 700 is better than montana 680 and with more functions

Garmin seems to have a cycle for updating the software interface as well as hardware upgrades. Etrex sometimes gets the first new software features - for example the eTrex touch was the first to get activity profiles rather than the traditional profile. It's not surprising that the Oregon update included this interface, and an update the gpsMAP line will probably come next to include the various wifi and bluetooth connectivity features introduced with the Oregon 700. And then the Montana line will likely get its update. So... maybe look two years down the road for that.

.... and an update the gpsMAP line will probably come next to include the various wifi and bluetooth connectivity features introduced with the Oregon 700. And then the Montana line will likely get its update. So... maybe look two years down the road for that.

That would be my guess as well. The 64 series will probably be next, hopefully with higher resolution and wifi, then Montana another year later.

I cannot call 680 a real update..some small improvements over the predecesors

Even the oregon 700 is better than montana 680 and with more functions

The fact that you did not like the upgrade is not the point here.... They issued a new model and they won't do another one for two to three years. It has only been a year, so it won't happen. The new models disrupt sales and marketing for the old ones and they need a certain time buffer to make it worth the development costs.

As above the 64 line is the longest in the tooth, so most likely be next.

As above the 64 line is the longest in the tooth, so most likely be next.

That and the non-touch eTrex line. But I suspect that the etrex will be the last to get the hardware upgrades to encourage purchases of the more advanced lines. But sometimes the eTrex are used to experiment with new technologies too (I think they were the first to get GLONASS support).

....and the non-touch eTrex line.

?? The non-touch etrex line was upgraded May 2015. http://newsroom.garmin.com/press-release/featured-releases/introducing-garmin-etrex-20x-and-30x-outdoor-handhelds

The 64 series was January 2014. http://garmin.blogs.com/pr/2014/01/garmin-introduces-gpsmap-64-series-updating-popular-outdoor-handheld.html

Edited by Red90