Australian travelling to California, suggestions wanted

rassilon256

So I'm hoping that some Australians have recently had adventures in California and can give me some advice. I'll be in Los Angeles and San Diego for my honeymoon in a few weeks time, and my beloved has left a few minutes free in our schedule. Any recommendations for things to do/see/eat/buy would be much appreciated! Of course caches and caching-related things are of particular interest but anything is welcome.

Our big stops include Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Legoland, Santa Monica Pier and surrounds, San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, Sea World, and Balboa Park.

One thing that really disappoints me is that we couldn't get up to the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, so anything Peanuts-y would be particularly good.

Thanks in advance!

*And yes I've double-posted in the Southwest USA sub-forum to get a local perspective.

Opposite Disneyland was California Adventure Park - I think you get in on the same ticket but well worthwhile - some great rides there.

I've heard that Legoland is pretty average if you don't have children.

Idk if you're a health freak but everyone who goes to Cali has to have an In'n'out burger/meal.

If you're in LA go to Universal Studios and surrounds - can't miss it if you're in the area.

If you're a sports nut you may be able to catch a baseball game.

Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

So I'm hoping that some Australians have recently had adventures in California and can give me some advice. I'll be in Los Angeles and San Diego for my honeymoon in a few weeks time, and my beloved has left a few minutes free in our schedule. Any recommendations for things to do/see/eat/buy would be much appreciated! Of course caches and caching-related things are of particular interest but anything is welcome.

Our big stops include Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Legoland, Santa Monica Pier and surrounds, San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, Sea World, and Balboa Park.

One thing that really disappoints me is that we couldn't get up to the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa, so anything Peanuts-y would be particularly good.

Thanks in advance!

*And yes I've double-posted in the Southwest USA sub-forum to get a local perspective.

Congratulations on your wedding!!

California Adventure (a Disney park) requires either a separate ticket or an upgraded (more $) ticket that allows access to both parks. I don't know how much time you have allocated for the area, but Disneyland will be a full day by itself. Avoid weekends if at all possible.

Unless you are bringing kids under age 10, give Legoland a pass. Also pay attention to the weather. If you happen to hit a period when it is very hot, you might want to avoid Safari Park. It is in an inland valley and can be 10 to 15 degrees (F) warmer than San Diego.

Southern California is a cache rich area so you will find good caching nearby where ever you are.

Feel free to write me if you have specific questions.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! All good advice.

We are going to California Adventure Park, we have a day set aside for it. Good to know it's so highly recommended.

The wife-to-be is definitely not a sports nut, so baseball is out.

The Safari Park weather thing is very interesting, we'll have to keep an eye on that.