Photos for cache page

Thank you. Embarrassed that I just looked down the edit page and not options on the margin. Did get a photo on the gallery page that way but still not on the cache page itself. Maybe the link you gave also helps with that. It's my understanding that if I had chosen wallpaper on the edit page, it would fill the cache page and I don't want that. We have a travel bug that I was able to place pics on but that was years ago.

Thanks again. Will still work on the link you gave.

I am new to the sport. I have only 42 finds to my record. I am an avid photographer and artist too.

The way GEOCatching.inc works today, it is an easy task to upload a photo.

I have gotten into the habit that when I find a cache I take out a sheet of white paper, lay the cache and anything interesting in it on the paper. If the cache need maintenance it usually shows up in the photo. I do this this way so as to not disclose anything about where the cache is physically located.

Then I take a Photo with my phone (my GPS device) and a camera (back-up photo). Redundancy is a smart action.

I then use the smart phone to crop away the excess so that the photo file size is smaller. then on the page for that cache page where you find "Found The Catch!" on the right side is a small icon for uploading the picture. I also write a small remark (story) about the find.

If I forgot or messed up the phone photo I still have my camera file when I get home.

Hope that Helps.

It has been so long since I've started a cache and added photos so I've forgotten how to do the photos. Hoping I don't have to use Photobucket or something like that since I don't remember that either. Not talking about background pics.

Thanks

You don't need to have the images stored on the internet. You can use images from your computer.

It has been so long since I've started a cache and added photos so I've forgotten how to do the photos. Hoping I don't have to use Photobucket or something like that since I don't remember that either. Not talking about background pics.

Thanks

Or, if you want to add images to a published cache page:

4.10. Managing Your Geocache Listing

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=234

Under "Admin Tools" is the option "Upload Images".

B.