Something stange

Alfouine

Do you necessar[il]y have to be an officer to give some help for translation ?

Thank you for the correction, i appreciate.

No, but it becomes easier if one is an officer with editing privileges, as one may then edit the category directly.

Yes but when you begin Waymarking, you do not speak english and you are afraid to write something in the Forum it's difficult to find someone, to promote him officer and to trust him

Edited by Alfouine

Découvreurs de Ports de Pêche

Description: [FR] Faire découvrir les différents ports de pêches de par le monde [EN] Discover the various fishing ports around the world

Date Created: 8/26/2016

Category Managed: Ports de pêche / Fishing ports

Members: 3

Not currently accepting new members

It is impossible for even a regular member to help out when there is not any and enrollment is turned off.

Is something strange here or fishy?

Just to come back to my own experience, the first post of "Space invader" discussion, was the full category description, my group was open, i have members english speaking, no one correct my mistakes neither in the forum neither inside the group.

I have just read in peer review comment my description was incorect. And it's still incorect :tired:

And as a regular member, i think it's also possible to help

If I am correct, as a regular member of a pending category you can not see/read the description. This is only for officers of the group. After it is activated then "everyone", members or not can read the category description or during peer review. Then it is too late for edits, English, French or Canadian. :wacko:

So, in closing: Not an officer; no see, no help, no edit.

And as a regular member, i think it's also possible to help

If I am correct, as a regular member of a pending category you can not see/read the description. This is only for officers of the group. After it is activated then "everyone", members or not can read the category description or during peer review. Then it is too late for edits, English, French or Canadian. :wacko:

So, in closing: Not an officer; no see, no help, no edit.

This is not totally correct. You can publish the link to a category before peer review, everyone can read it, but it is not that easy to find otherwise.

And the description is only locked between officer vote and peer review. After that, the leader and all officers with category edit rights (I am not sure if this is the default setting) can change anything except the title.

Knowing that Space Invaders would be largely France based, English language issues were not critical. Fishing Ports however will be much more global.

I DO hope the COs bring this back to the forum. Is there anyone here who is bilingual that can reach out to them? I speak enough French to not get a horrible wiggly-thing on my baguette, and find a bathroom LOL.

It's not necessary to speak french to them, in english it's ok

Alfouine, Aren't you now "a them"? You are an officer, right?

If this category is ever going to see the light of day, and have a better opportunity of passing in peer review, the "thems" need to bring the proposal to the forum. From the comments in the last peer review this should be obvious and the first step towards its approval.

"Thems" should start a new thread with the proposal.

Yes i asked them to open the enrollment and they promote me officer because I suggested to help them and two english speaking waymarkers joined also the group and one as officer and they also suggested to help them (if the translation is correct).

I keep "them" that's their idea but i know better the forum since i read all discussions and posts so i can help them for this "big" step.

There were a lot of comments in peer review, they have to rewrite all the category so they need to work before starting the discussion in the forum.