Dave Ulmer and I

Alfouine

During the Euro Mega event in France GC5YFA8, I met three times Dave Ulmer.

The first time i talk to him about Waymarking, i spoke about the "huge" (exactly what i said) waymarkers community in Europe (France, Switzerland, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic, etc.) and i asked him to invest more resources in Waymarking because we are the poor parent (french expression) of Groundspeak.

He said France is a nice country to play Waymarking and he played Waymarking also and the best waymark for him was where Bonnie and Clyde where shot.

The next day he said, I thought last night of what you said, there were a long long time that someone talk to me about Waymarking... but there were too many people and not possible to continue the discussion.

The last day he was enjoying watching people playing with zip-line (one of my next waymark) and he said in his house in Oregon in his garden he's got his own zip-line for his children and grand children. But i was geocaching and i could not stay.

In conclusion the best way to promote Waymarking is to speak about it, especialy if the guy works in Groundspeak

During the Euro Mega event in France GC5YFA8, I met three times Dave Ulmer.

The first time i talk to him about Waymarking, i spoke about the "huge" (exactly what i said) waymarkers community in Europe (France, Switzerland, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic, etc.) and i asked him to invest more resources in Waymarking because we are the poor parent (french expression) of Groundspeak.

He said France is a nice country to play Waymarking and he played Waymarking also and the best waymark for him was where Bonnie and Clyde where shot.

The next day he said, I thought last night of what you said, there were a long long time that someone talk to me about Waymarking... but there were too many people and not possible to continue the discussion.

The last day he was enjoying watching people playing with zip-line (one of my next waymark) and he said in his house in Oregon in his garden he's got his own zip-line for his children and grand children. But i was geocaching and i could not stay.

In conclusion the best way to promote Waymarking is to speak about it, especialy if the guy works in Groundspeak

You are a famous Waymarker, but are you sure about the Dave Ulmer being a Waymarker too?

Dave Ulmer is not, and never has been, an employee of Groundspeak.

I tried my luck but i lost... anyway it's always a pleasure to speak about Waymarking and i am happy you know Dave Ulmer :laughing:

I'm not sure why you would make up a story and post it as truth... but this is the Waymarking forums. :unsure:

I have one of the slingshot ammo that Dave placed in the original stash and some of the OCB collector cards that Team 360 gave me. :ph34r:

I have one of the slingshot ammo that Dave placed in the original stash and some of the OCB collector cards that Team 360 gave me. :ph34r:

I also met Team360 and saw the famous OCB relic, may be one day we could suggest a category "Relics from Geocaching"

Edited by Alfouine

I also met Dave and saw the famous OCB relic, may be one day we could suggest a category "Relics from Geocaching"

I have a geocaching relic from the early days. It's a Garmin eTrex GPS unit. I also have a nice collection of pathtags and stuff from Garmin's now defunct site OpenCaching.com. :)