CSV or KMI files

We have a new car with a built-in navigation system. On our old car, I downloaded caches to a Garmin NUVI 1450 to help us get close to caches before switching to an Iphone. The Garmin could display a treasure chest icon and the GC code for the file. I would like to see the same thing on the GPS in the new car. It will accept CSV or KMI files that can be downloaded from a flashdrive. Not being a programmer; is there a simple way to download that information from the website?

Thanks for the help.

Rangercarol

There are various ways to make a CSV. You will need to find out the format within the CSV as there is no one standard format.

I would suggest making a GPX file using a pocket query. Open that in Garmin's Basecamp program and then export as a CSV. You will then need to open it with a spreadsheet program like Excel and make sure it is arranged as required by the car's GPS. If not, fix it and then save as a CSV.

Good luck. Whoever designed the GPS in the new car is not the smartest.

The answer that you probably don't want to hear:

I would hesitate to use an on-board navigation system to get to caches other than entering the coordinates in manually. I imagine that importing coordinates in bulk is relatively easy compared with removing them. Maybe keep the nuvi for geocaching, or load a routable map onto your hand-held GPS.