OpenStreetMap displaying slow or not at all

Anyone else having a problem with the display of OpenStreetMap in the upper right hand corner of Waymark pages? Sometimes it displays very slowly and sometimes not at all. It wasn't always like this. Seems something may have happened.

I find it makes it very difficult to check the accuracy of waymark coordinates when approving waymarks.

I just had to review a bunch of waymarks using Google Earth as a secondary tool because the map was not showing up at all. I often check the map to make sure that the submitter didn't accidentally goof the coordinates (I've done that), but even more important for checking country churches to see if they're really out in the country.

I'm using Firefox. I used to use Chrome, but it has waaaay too many issues. After a half an hour of using Chrome, go to your Task Manager (or ps -ef on Linux) and look at how many Chrome processes are running. Which may explain why your Chrome window(s) are suddenly hung. Google products are garbage anymore. So I moved on to Firefox. (Yes, it has its own set of issues; but more manageable to me.)

It's a nuisance. Big, but not a stopper.

For a while it did not work sometimes, then usually, recently always.

The map tiles not working are (supposed to be) delivered by a subdomain of geocaching.com. If it was Waymarking.com, I would have little hope, but TPTB need a working infrastructure for their core business, so there are maybe some resources to fix the problem. I do not geocache, are there any map problems on that site?

The main problem of this map issue is that there are two different domains. First domain name is 'Waymarking.com' delivering everything of the site with the only exception of the maptiles. They come from the second domain name 'geocaching.com'. And this is the problem. It is called Cross Origin or Cross Domain. Modern Webservers (Groundspeak uses IIS) by default prevent such cross origins. The Webserver must be configured to allow it.

Thanks for explaining. So is this something that is likely to be fixed?

The map seems to work when creating a new MW. I'm not very tech savy. :(

I'm still getting bad performance when zooming.

RakeInTheCache has it right, from this viewpoint. I can get the maps back to life by zooming in and out quickly, but they disappear again when zoomed in a step too far. Oh well...

Don't forget that if you're reviewing and need to check the map, the Google Maps link at the bottom of the WM page is always there to bail you out.