So Many "Took It"

Ten actions on trackables I've moved in the past today but not a drop amongst them.

What is the joy of continual dipping?

Well perhaps:

the visited caches were not suitable for drop off,

the TBs were left at home,

the TBs have a mission that the holder plans to help with in the future,

some TB owners like mileage, and

etc.

Ten actions on trackables I've moved in the past today but not a drop amongst them.

When my TBs are dipped, I'm overjoyed that they're moving and they're in safe hands.

That's a thousand times better than being dropped in a dead cache, a risky cache or a never-visited cache.

Well perhaps:

the TBs were left at home,

In that case the TB didn't "visit" the caches and therefore the dipping was inappropriate, which highlights one of the problems I have with dipping. It's too easy to select the "visit all" option (or whatever it is, I've never done it) and then log many cache finds and many TB visits.

Personally I think if a cacher goes on a 5 mile walk, taking in 20 caches then it's reasonable to dip a TB in one of them to show it was in the area and add the mileage from the previous area, but dipping it into every cache is tedious and pointless. Others will disagree, but then I only have one TB left in the wild, and I very rarely dip TBs, so it doesn't affect me much.

Personally I think if a cacher goes on a 5 mile walk, taking in 20 caches then it's reasonable to dip a TB in one of them to show it was in the area and add the mileage from the previous area, but dipping it into every cache is tedious and pointless. Others will disagree, but then I only have one TB left in the wild, and I very rarely dip TBs, so it doesn't affect me much.

That's what I do.

I'm going abroad next week, so over the past couple of weeks I've been collecting some TBs to take. If I'm caching I tend to dip them once per day or area; to show I was there with them.

Hi,

Same here, with the abroad mention. I'm due to return home soon and have been holding several TB's for about a month now specifically to get them to/back into Europe. I hate just dropping TB's, would much rather see them handed over in person, either at an event or by those occasional surprise meetings at the same cache!

I don't always carry my personal TB, mainly because its so battered, worn and the stamped letters are becoming harder to read, but then bar about my first 6 caches, this is my personal mileage tracker, for my benefit only.

If I had TB's out there, I'd rather see them being dipped and eventually handed over, rather than be languishing in a cache which has one visit every 12 months? Besides, is it not interesting to see where fellow cachers are traveling and caching?

Oh, and I've previously held TB's which goals have changed and then I've given it a good start on it's new adventure.

Edited by clan_steve