field notes

SantaJohn

I wanted to ask about when I am looking for a cache and I find it, then I would like to add notes to this cache. Can I add them to where I have the cache page open to or do I need to go to the waypoint manager to add note there. When I up load to my computer do these up load also so I can start a log of me own to keep ? If someone could help set me straight here it would be very helpful to me. I am still learning but I am getting the hang of it.

Thank you

Garmin Oregon 650T

What app are you using when you "have the cache page open"?

The last time I checked, Groundspeak's current Geocaching app does not support field notes.

The app I use does support field notes. I just configure it to publish field notes instead of publishing live logs, and then all my Finds (and other logs) end up as field notes, which I can turn into real logs later, when I have a real keyboard.

I wanted to ask about when I am looking for a cache and I find it, then I would like to add notes to this cache. Can I add them to where I have the cache page open to or do I need to go to the waypoint manager to add note there. When I up load to my computer do these up load also so I can start a log of me own to keep ? If someone could help set me straight here it would be very helpful to me. I am still learning but I am getting the hang of it.

Thank you

Garmin Oregon 650T

For a Garmin Oregon, while navigating to a cache and viewing its "Geocaching" menu, there's a "Log" button at the bottom of the screen. Tap "Log", then tap (for example) "Found", then tap "Edit Comment", then tap the checkmark, and then tap "Done". Whatever you save as a comment is in the list of Field Notes.

You upload Field Notes here. You may go here and click the Garmin tab for instructions. Once the Field Notes are uploaded, edit and save each note as a cache log.

Edited by kunarion

Thank you

Garmin Oregon 650T

Help Center → Finding a Geocache → Logging a Geocache

4.7. How do I upload field notes?

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=548

B.