Geocoins been nicked and sold?

GlobalRat

Well well well, seems there are some unscrupulous scoundrels about.

I just received an email from someone new to the game that wanted me to gift one of my Geocoins. It would appear that a friend of hers procured the Geocoin off eBay. So someone got the geocoin in their grubby paws and flogged it on eBay. I can only hope that this was an unfortunate event by a muggle.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I just received an email from someone new to the game that wanted me to gift one of my Geocoins. It would appear that a friend of hers procured the Geocoin off eBay. So someone got the geocoin in their grubby paws and flogged it on eBay. I can only hope that this was an unfortunate event by a muggle.

I see it quite often on eBay. I hope you locked your geocoin and asked that it be returned to you.

Used to laugh in conversation of "missing" coins.

Imagining a hoarder sitting in the middle of his "collection", showering himself with not only those lustrous coins, but my little pony, hello kitty, and all the other odd things attached to tags. :laughing:

Maybe they simply turn a profit with 'em...

I'm not 100% with you .... Has someone physically taken one of your coins and sold it on eBay or has someone pretended to sell one of your coins but they don't actually have the coin in their possession, they just saw the tracking number somewhere and pretend that they do have it? Or has someone sold one of your coins that has been activated and was travelling?

And last question.... I had no idea you had made your own coin and I would LOVE to see what it looks like [;)]

Edited by GEO936

:anitongue:

In my case it seems that the cacher that purchased "my coin" off eBay and then contacted me to transfer ownership had some finger trouble. I did a bit of investigating and discovered that the number she sent me was for a coin that I'd never released into the wild. Upon contacting her, I eventually managed to correct her error and point her in the right direction. Alls well that ends well... in my case.

Worrying though that it has happened to other folks as per cerberus1's comment.

We had one, a coin belonging to the other 2/3rds.

Found out after the sale, so couldn't get ebay involved, other than watching the seller (who had more to sell).

The rest (around a dozen coins) and the tbs we sorta know what happened to...

Just type in ebay on the main page search, and there's enough posts and threads on the topic to show there's quite a few who've experienced it themselves.