reboot of garmin colorado 400t

Any suggestions out there to reboot a colorado 400t? It recently will not load past the loading maps message at the bottom. Changed batteries, connected to computer, tried the hard reboot (power button and 2 front buttons) and asks sure to delete all data - say yes but will not go further - screen dims and thats it.

Thanks,

Seekerfamily

Try taking out the card and booting up. If this works put the card back in and boot up. Failing this, here's an odd method. Let it get to the point where it hangs, and force a power off by holding the power button. Then reboot and see if it loads.

Once it powers up Ok I would suggest connecting to the computer and deleting all old cache gpx files, and start fresh.

I got a 400 here from friends. It had been lying around for a while because it wouldn't boot anymore i.e. Garmin screen > "loading" and then it would switch off with a fading display.

I could get it to boot up to the "reset defaults yes/no" screen and the display would fade again too. I finallu got it working again by using the webupdater software and doing a firmware update. I guess one or more firmware files got corrupted making the unit fail on startup.

It's now running like new.

So I had the same problem.  Garmin Oregon 550 worked fine at home and then when I was out, it started up like normal and then faded to black as it was loading maps, etc.  

Tried new batteries.  Still faded out on startup.  Took out the memory card.  Still faded out on startup.  Tried to reboot by holding down top left corner on startup.  "Erase all Data?" screen came up but Yes/No buttons were unresponsive and it still faded out on startup.  Tried to hook it up to USB > computer.  It just went into startup mode and still faded out on startup.

Finally, when the GPS was off, I pressed down on the top left corner of the screen and then turned to GPS on and kept pressing down on the power button.  I held both buttons down for close to a minute.  It started working and has been fine ever since.