Cache Maintenance

YakDiver

Been a member since 2001, but only just got back into it the last 31 days and in that time I have replaced five logs due to being full up or damp/waterlogged doesn't anybody carry spare logs with them, or doesn't the cache owner check them to see if there OK from time to time, it's not a complaint, as logs only cost time to make. I now have a selection of logs all different sizes doesn't anybody else do this or am I the only one.

I stopped doing mediocre caches not only because of their location, but also due to their (all-too-often) poor condition.

I don't feel a pill bottle at a nondiscript roadside spot is worth heading to in the first place, so the last thing I want to do is further empower a careless CO.

I will add a RIR log strip to a decent cache of a reliable, active CO though, affording them time to do any further maintenance themselves. :)

I stopped doing mediocre caches not only because of their location, but also due to their (all-too-often) poor condition.

I don't feel a pill bottle at a nondiscript roadside spot is worth heading to in the first place, so the last thing I want to do is further empower a careless CO.

I will add a RIR log strip to a decent cache of a reliable, active CO though, affording them time to do any further maintenance themselves. :)

This isn't a standard of cache thread. That's been done too often. :ph34r:

I always carry spare logs to help the community at large.

Many new cachers are somewhat **"pony" at maintenance.

**rhyming slang. :laughing:

This isn't a standard of cache thread. That's been done too often. :ph34r:

I always carry spare logs to help the community at large.

Many new cachers are somewhat **"pony" at maintenance.

**rhyming slang. :laughing:

When the OP asked "...doesn't anybody carry spare logs with them, or doesn't the cache owner check them to see if there OK from time to time" it posed a question... :)