Setting Caches With Limited Opening Hours

3funboys

Is there any problem placing caches (with owners agreement) at family friendly attractions which have a free entry charge, but which are only open daytime? I am being allowed to place a large box cache in a built up urban area at a family place which is a charity and doesnt charge admission. Is that going to be okay do you know?

Is there any problem placing caches (with owners agreement) at family friendly attractions which have a free entry charge, but which are only open daytime? I am being allowed to place a large box cache in a built up urban area at a family place which is a charity and doesnt charge admission. Is that going to be okay do you know?

probably best to take this to your local reviewer as he/she will be the one approving it. Give them ALL the details and leave NOTHING out.

Edited by colleda

AFAIK there's no problem with limited access times... I have a multicache myself based around a cathedral where you can't find out the answers you need when it isn't open. Put a 'no night caching' attribute on the cache page and make it clear in the text that the cache is only available between hours you specify.

I think there may be some issues if the final is within staffed premises, though, if finders have to ask staff for the cache or to have access to it.

Last thing to be aware of... you mention it's a 'family place'... but don't specify what sort of family place. Do consider the cultural issues which may become apparent if lone male cachers visit this family place to find the cache and don't feel comfortable searching here. Public awareness for anticipating predatory behaviour is on high alert and innocent geocachers looking for a cache near a childrens' playground area can be tarred with the wrong brush. If your reviewer is on the ball he/she may disallow such anyway (our raises that sort of flag) but if it's simply a green space, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Your best bet would be to contact your local reviewer by e-mail. Click on their profile where ever it appears at the bottom of a published cache near you and send them a message describing the final location.

There are caches placed in libraries, which are open for certain hours only.

What kind of "charity"? This may be your stumbling block.

As you know from your previous readings of the Guidelines:

Geocaches do not solicit for any purpose.

Cache listings perceived to be posted for religious, political, charitable or social agendas are not permitted. Geocaching is intended to be an enjoyable, family-friendly hobby, not a platform for an agenda. Cache pages cannot require, and should not strongly encourage, the placement of new caches. This is considered an agenda and the listing will not be publishable.

When you communicate with your Reviewer, you will need to be very specific and explicit about the location, including its name. Include a link to their website, if they have one.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol