Oregon geocoins

Capt. Jack & 1st Mate

As if Nurse Dave wasn't planning to keep #0001 anyway, we insisted on it! He did a great job coordinating this effort.

One was placed in the cache we hunted when picking up the coins, but it went fast icon_smile.gif

I haven't placed any yet. I spent the afternoon dragging a Ditch Witch trencher around my yard. This summer when the lawn needs watering I'll be out geocaching!!!!!

BTW: The coins are awesome!

Yeah we dropped one today at a cache where we had another cacher in tow that imediately grabbed it. It was kind of the intention anyway. icon_smile.gif More out tomorrow and (whenever the caches are approved) we will be looking forward to see where they go.

We put an extra tag on the bag that says: "This new Oregon Geocoin is yours to keep as a trade item or to place in another cache and track it just like a travel bug, but please log it.

Capt. Jack & 1st Mate"

We bought them with the thought of a trade item but to do what the finder wishes. Should be fun to see what happens.

My coins will be placed special (read tougher to find) caches that I do. A few in some caches I put out, but mostly the 3.5+ caches and/or out of state caches that I pick up this summer. They really are COOL icon_biggrin.gif

My mind not only wanders...

Sometimes it leaves completely...

**Namaste**

The coins sure are gorgeous! We got 20 and will be reserving them for out-of-state caches while on vacation (Missouri this fall, and maybe Nevada too), hard-to-get-to, or extra special caches. We'll always keep one in our backback for just such an occasion. We might even place one on our Raymond/South Bend (WA.) area caching this coming weekend.

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

You can find them in caches. I am not sure about ordering your own. We worked for several weeks designing and getting them made. Several of us now have them and will be placing them during our adventures.

My mind not only wanders...

Sometimes it leaves completely...

**Namaste**

quote:
but I'm not telling which two

I know which two. They're part of the Highway 44 series and are rated at least a 2/2.

This should narrow it down icon_biggrin.gif

Good to see we're getting them out there. I have been too busy in the yard the last few days to get out much (although I did do a lunchtime cache yesterday that I should've dropped one in)

I just dropped the first of my Geocoins (#0376) in a Cache in Austin Texas! Let's see how long it lasts!

--- hcook1

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said,

... but they will always remember how you made them feel.

We rushed through the puzzle for Contact, and made the trek out to grab #0012. Thanks NurseDave & LKay. We'll have to think long and hard about whether or not to pass it on. For now it's in our box of fun goodies. VERY COOL!

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

After _The Play's the Thing_ I thought I had asked Jeremy to make sure that no more of your caches get approved icon_wink.gif. We'll see if he listens to me...

And here we thought you liked our caches icon_frown.gif After all, you're the only one who has actually found every single one of them. icon_cool.gif

But seriously, the only thing hard about this cache is figuring out the traffic light safely...

hept-hole.gif

So either Jeremy figured out telepathically my wishes regarding Kiwi's caches (I couldn't find evidence of actually emailing the request mentioned earlier icon_razz.gif ) or all of Oregon is back in the lowest possible queue for approvals icon_mad.gif Nothing against our recent approver up in the great state of WA - but why must we go stagnant when so many other approvers are available? (the local approver argument flies about as far as a lead balloon).

Nothing approved in Oregon since Thursday icon_confused.gif

Tried to visit cogeo today to log our first oregon geocoin find and can't get the page to come up... Anybody else having issues? I'm going to send an e-mail to Snazz and see if it's just me... But we just wanted to say that the coins are most excellent, now the age old decision, keep it or cache it... HMMMMM...

WARNING: I cannot be responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.

I've got 10 coins (5 numbered/5 non) and haven't placed any yet. I've been on a caching hiatus for awhile and not sure when I'll get back out, but likely those that I place will be done in Arizona once we complete our move down there.

-----

Matt

K7MTO

Not a good (nor typical) week for us icon_smile.gif

Our ISP's upstream had an issue this morning, so cogeo.org was inaccessible to those outside of Bend, Oregon from approx 9:30am til 10:40am.

I've added a "Server Events" area to the main cogeo.org page, so if the server "goes down" again and you're curious why, I'll post it there.