Log's are not registered

I noticed this for the 3th time now.

Logging a cache with photo via the android app works.

But when returning home I notice that some aren't logged anymore when I check the website.

There are some ordinary reasons why logs with "photos" may not be available after posting. Without specifics, we can only guess.

You may have to ask Geocaching.com via email: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=request

Refer to the specific caches, and approximate dates of the logs in question.

But when returning home I notice that some aren't logged anymore when I check the website.

There are some ordinary reasons why logs with "photos" may not be available after posting. Without specifics, we can only guess.

You may have to ask Geocaching.com via email: http://support.Groun....php?pg=request

Photo's are taken with the build-in Take-Photo option.

Will contact them. thx

You may have to ask Geocaching.com via email: http://support.Groun....php?pg=request

Photo's are taken with the build-in Take-Photo option.

Will contact them. thx

Got the same issue, will ask them also

Some questions to help track down the issue

1) Are you seeing this happen with all photo logs, or just occasionally?

2) Do you know if you were offline/out of service when you sent the logs?

3) What version of android is your phone running?

Having the same issue. I didn't realize until reading this thread that they all had one thing in common, and that was they had photos attached using the in app photo thing.

In service

Android v.6.0.1

Edit: I had two of my missing logs show up something like a month later randomly. I had to go back and delete the duplicates which threw off my numbers and my intentional Milestones.

Edited by OneEighth

Okay so I've looked into this and I did find a problem with the way the app was handling image attachments in a certain narrow case.

Specifically, on phones running newer versions of Android, images attached to logs with the "Choose Image" option (instead of Take Photo) would become inaccessible if the log didn't send quickly enough, and then the log would sit in the unsent queue forever while it tried to load up the inaccessible image.

Good news: I've put in a fix for that problem and it should go out with the next release.

However, if you're seeing a problem with "Take Photo" logs, or logs with no image attached, that's a separate problem we don't know about, and I encourage anyone having the problem to get in touch with our support team so we can find the issue and fix it, or possibly post here if you have solid repro steps