Wherigo corrected coordinates

brcross95

Looking at my own and other Wherigo listings, the pencil icon briefly appears on loading the page, but disappears as the page continues loading. It's not there when the page is fully loaded.

I've tried it with and without Greasemonkey on, makes no difference.

This brief appearance is new (?). I don't recall Wherigo listings offering the option to correct coords. I'm prepared to be wrong about that :anicute:

This is my opinion from what I've observed and what I know about web development:

The pencil icon briefly appears because it's possible some script hasn't been executed to hide it. I doubt it likely a style sheet hadn't been downloaded yet, but this could cause it if the style sheet was downloaded and applied after the page loaded.

Regardless, I also applied the same Greasemonkey trick Isonzo Karst tried. It did not make a difference. My guess is either there's a check for the cache type to store alternate coordinates or the database query to retrieve or apply them to the cache page is not run due to it being a Wherigo cache type.

(I did make sure you can change the posted coordinates on the Wherigo Foundation site, but that was because that was a feature I'd personally find useful.)