Caches Stolen

Curious, are they leaving a note or something?

When that free muggle app first came out we had a buncha ammo cans disappear.

Turned out most where rehidden.,

Folks not bothering to read anything of the hobby, thought that's how we played.

One was surprised that other players put caches out, thought the site did it.

- Yeah, the site places ammo cans, so people who join for free can take 'em home.

Sheesh...

Anyway... If they're not leaving a note or email, maybe it's simply some genius not knowing anything of this hobby (but they have a free app...) thinking that's the treasure in this, "real World treasure hunt".

Would the person who has an issue with me and my caches, and who has now stolen at least 15 of them, please grow a pair and get in touch with me directly so we can work out the issue?

Kind regards

SBs

Why do you think it's a geocacher?

Your "disable" note for this series proposes alternate culprits:

Temporarily Disable Listing

08/15/2016

After the log from Higgled on 10.Catcott, I walked the entire series this morning, and every single one has been stolen. This has been a targeted attack, probably on me, possibly on Somerset Wildlife Trust, and remotely on a local birder who someone has upset, and doesn't want geocachers on the reserve. Even the odd bits I used to hide the caches have been removed, one of which needed a screwdriver to remove it.

If the person responsible for these thefts is monitoring the caches, and has a problem with me, or anyone else, then why don't you grow a pair and get in touch with me directly, instead of using cowardly underhand methods in an attempt to wind me up. If you're short of containers, I'll happily buy you a few.

Disabled until decisions are made whether to replace or archive. If I archive, the space will not be available for anyone else, permission will not be granted.

Your cache pages don't indicate any special permission that you got in order to place these caches.

Are you the person responsible for giving permission to cache hiders?

Perhaps it was the land managers who removed them all.

B.

Folks not bothering to read anything of the hobby, thought that's how we played.

- Yeah, the site places ammo cans, so people who join for free can take 'em home.

Sheesh...

Anyway... If they're not leaving a note or email, maybe it's simply some genius not knowing anything of this hobby (but they have a free app...) thinking that's the treasure in this, "real World treasure hunt".

One was placed in a bird hide, and I'd screwed a piece of board between two joists to hide the cache. They have also unscrewed the piece of wood and taken it away, so don't think it's one of the free app brigade.

Sheesh...

One was placed in a bird hide, and I'd screwed a piece of board between two joists to hide the cache. They have also unscrewed the piece of wood and taken it away, so don't think it's one of the free app brigade.

Yeah... That seems more of a "I'll fix you !" move than a dunce.

Sorry to hear that.

Assuming you have the correct permission to place caches there, the fact that all of them were deliberately removed would suggest it's someone who disapproves of their presence. From your log on one of the caches, I'm guessing a bird watcher, which I guess you already suspect. They must know how to contact you via GS but obviously haven't, which is really annoying.

Hard to know what to suggest apart from archiving the series if they're so determined to remove them. But yeah, I'd be livid too.

Assuming you have the correct permission to place caches there, the fact that all of them were deliberately removed would suggest it's someone who disapproves of their presence. From your log on one of the caches, I'm guessing a bird watcher, which I guess you already suspect. They must know how to contact you via GS but obviously haven't, which is really annoying.

Hard to know what to suggest apart from archiving the series if they're so determined to remove them. But yeah, I'd be livid too.

I'm the Volunteer Geocaching Advisor for Somerset Wildlife Trust(SWT), and the Avalon Marshes, and the caches were placed under the guidance of the Reserve Manager, as he walked round with me. SWT like the idea of getting extra people on the reserve, and as you've seen by looking at the logs, it gets very good reviews. Maybe a birder doesn't want cachers there, but you'd think they'd have the decency to let the Reserve Manager know first, even if they're ignoring me.

I still think it could be personal, as I've had 3 others go missing recently, all less than a week after being placed or replaced, and still have some to check closer to home which have been reported missing. I'm currently in permanent maintenance mode

I'm the Volunteer Geocaching Advisor for Somerset Wildlife Trust(SWT), and the Avalon Marshes, and the caches were placed under the guidance of the Reserve Manager, as he walked round with me. SWT like the idea of getting extra people on the reserve, and as you've seen by looking at the logs, it gets very good reviews. Maybe a birder doesn't want cachers there, but you'd think they'd have the decency to let the Reserve Manager know first, even if they're ignoring me.

I still think it could be personal, as I've had 3 others go missing recently, all less than a week after being placed or replaced, and still have some to check closer to home which have been reported missing. I'm currently in permanent maintenance mode

In that case you would be well within your rights to take this to the Police, this is either theft, or criminal damage, or both. Just as much as if someone went into the reserve and stole all the benches because they don't like people sitting there.

In that case you would be well within your rights to take this to the Police, this is either theft, or criminal damage, or both. Just as much as if someone went into the reserve and stole all the benches because they don't like people sitting there.