Looking for a few good caches in Oregon

Ascension

I'll be in Oregon this June on vacation and I am wondering if anyone would suggest a cache or two in Oregon. I'll be near Eugene, *but* I am willing to travel 100 miles + from Eugene for the right cache. What would that be?? Good question. Something with a LONG hike. Preferably something 10 miles back or so with an overnight stay needed. Thanks!

I am nopt endorsing any of these (I've never attempted any of them), but they look challenging and haven't been found frequently. Maybe a good place to start if you don't get a solid recommendation here. You might want to open one of these and start looking at "nearby caches" until something looks good!

Have fun!

N44 W122 confluence

Gnarly Dude

Lost Valley Caches

quote:
Originally posted by Donad_D:

What about tree climbing?

Sorry.

Donad_D

Lurkers of the World, Unite!

Ha ha, very funny, it is to laugh. The GPS is fine. I'd rather walk 5 miles than climb one single tree or fence. If I was really shameless I'd tell you about the time I scrambled to the top of a fence and did the wobble wobble thing and then fell off -- tall fence.

This one’s not all that far from Eugene and you don’t have to hike to find the cache but there is a 1.6-mile hike through a BLM old growth preserve. This one’s back in the brush about 30 miles and takes about a 3 hour drive round trip on logging roads.

We saw a herd of elk on the way in and a big ol’ bobcat on the way out. It takes a bit of navigating to get there also. Check it out at: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=15278

If you have the time to make the drive over the hill, there is a 'mecca' in Klamath Falls area of caches! Some are pretty easy, others are a bit tough but there are literally over 100 caches in a 20 mile radius.

We welcome everyone to this area, the more the better! If you plan ahead, you might even be able to find a 'guide' to give you a cache-tour!

-missnomer