All Play and No Work... A Chance to Help Out.

oregonblackdog

As some of you know, I recently was minding my own business when I was subjected to a sneak attack by my heart. I have been going through a cardiac rehab program at Merle West Medical Center, and was describing how I am using geocaching to compliment my exercise program.

The staff has approached me with a request to meet with members of a cardiac victim support group to explain the joys and benefits of geocaching. It will take place at Moore Park on Thursday, the 22nd of August, at 6pm.

I have been thinking about setting up a short multicache course to use as a "training run" for these folks. At max, there will be 20 people attending. I'm going to try to borrow 5 GPS units from OIT, but I could use about 5 "volunteers" to coach groups of 3 to 4 people around the course.

If anyone is interested in helping out, drop off a post. I would also love to hear good ideas about how to lay out a program like this.

PS. We can plan a social event at Blackdog & Mare's residence (close to Moore Park)for those who don't have to do meaningul work the next day, as well as for those who just want to pop in and say "hi".

quote:
Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while, I was a suspect. - Steven Wright
icon_wink.gif

John & Mare

[This message was edited by oregonblackdog on June 28, 2002 at 12:05 PM.]

Over in Klamath you'll get all the help you can imagine but count me in. Just give me a reminder. I have a couple of extra 315's I can loan out. There are some nice caches already located in Moore park if some patients are up to going after them. Still I'd be happy to help out a group.

Then I'll go bag a couple of new ones for me.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

It's great to see the interest and response...especially from some of the more famous (infamous?) cachers. Lazy Boy, many deer in caching area as you know. My be I ought to stash some BB's along the way.

quote:
There is a fine line between sitting on the bank fishing and insanity.

John & Mare