Ranger Stations

Metro2

I have had a Waymark http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMR4DQ_Ranger_Base_San_Diego_Zoo_Safari_Park__Escondido_CA in limbo since May. The only officer to log in since March put it up for a vote.... however most of the officers are inactive...one other officer logged in in March but 3 others haven't logged in since 2013, another 2 in 2014 and the last in 2015.

Edited by Metro2

I have had a Waymark http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMR4DQ_Ranger_Base_San_Diego_Zoo_Safari_Park__Escondido_CA in limbo since May. The only officer to log in since March put it up for a vote.... however most of the officers are inactive...one other officer logged in in March but 3 others haven't logged in since 2013, another 2 in 2014 and the last in 2015.

bitmapped logged in yesterday. We had one approved mid July, however one was approved yesterday.

Drats, that vote limbo... When you contact bitmapped about the vote, ask if they can edit your submission. It will be canceled, have them make a small change example Escondido, CA to Escondido, Calif. and resubmit.

Unless someone else has a better solution.

bitmapped logged in yesterday. We had one approved mid July, however one was approved yesterday.

Drats, that vote limbo... When you contact bitmapped about the vote, ask if they can edit your submission. It will be canceled, have them make a small change example Escondido, CA to Escondido, Calif. and resubmit.

Unless someone else has a better solution.

You don't need any edit. It is very easy to free a limbo submission, but only an officer of that category can do it (not even Groundspeak lackeys have additional powers, as far as I know).

The officer has to visit the group page of the category in question, that's all. Then the vote is completed and the waymark published or denied. It must be the group page; not the category page and not the review queue page, they don't work.

The founder of that group passed away a couple of years ago. Looks like there is only one active? officer.

This one may need a Groundspeak lakey to allow someone in as a leader so they can do a clear out and get some active WM officers in there. Yeah, I know there are forum posts on how to do that, but I've only tried it once (about 3 years ago) and it didn't work. So perhaps there's someone who has the pull to get that category back on its feet. I'd do it if I could, but like I say, I'm like the next average guy -- no pull. Just push. :)