Physical cache

Andiamo59

Can the final of a Wherigo be a qr code or must it be a physical cache container?

You must have a container and logbook at some point during the hunt. Whether it is at the end, or in between somewhere, I'm not sure it really matters. Most people will stop once they've found the container and signed the logbook.

Edit to add: If you're talking about a Wherigo Listing on geocaching.com, then my above statement is true. If you have no intention of having a GC Listing Published, but merely want the Cartridge to be something stand alone on it's own, there are no rules really governing what you do, other than it must conform with the TOU of the site.

Edited by Touchstone

I don't know how your reviewer would act if you wanted the cartridge to end at a QR code, which the player would scan to find the final coordinates to the final cache. You'll have to ask the reviewer because reviewers could have differing opinions.

I think I see what you're getting at: you don't want the final coordinates to be in the cartridge, so you want the cartridge to bring people somewhere they can get the final coordinates. However, that's the same as having the final zone end up at the final cache and not listing the actual coordinates as text in the cartridge. If someone can get the final zone's coordinates, it won't make a difference if it's a QR code or geocache.