traditional cache appears like an advanced cache

Hi,

I've recently made my first cache,

GC6NW91 Golgoth 7

Its a traditionnal cache, no big deal. It has been recenlty published. I can see the point on my map with a star, meaning i am the owner. And also, I can see its a traditional cache.

But, when I try to give the location for some friends of mine, on their smartphones the point on the map is a light green spot, not a dark green, meaning its a 'advanced cache'

and of course, when clic on it, its says advanced cache, please subscribe.

ok, I tried to re-edit the cache descrition, but the 'cache type' is already on 'traditional', and no way to change type, the box is like un-editable.

any idea ?

thx for your help.

Edited by Keystone
removed inappropriate acronym

Your cache shows as "advanced" because you rated it at 2.5 stars for terrain. If either the difficulty or terrain ratings are above 1.5 stars, a traditional cache becomes unavailable in the free version of the Geocaching® app. The free trial is targeted towards beginners, who would have a better chance at finding lower-rated caches. Once they're hooked on the sport, they can either become premium members, buy a dedicated GPS unit and load cache information from the website, and/or purchase one of the alternative authorized third party apps.

ok, I tried to re-edit the cache descrition, but the 'cache type' is already on 'traditional', and no way to change type, the box is like un-editable.

One thing we can't change is the cache type, but cache type isn't your issue right now.

What's making yours "advanced" is the D/T rating.

You can adjust your cache to a 1.5/1.5 level for your friends and others, if you feel that rating is more accurate.

and/or purchase one of the alternative authorized third party apps.

I'm fairly certain the authorized apps are mostly free, yet don't have the "advanced cache" restriction. So it isn't that they HAVE to buy something.

The third-party Apps have different restrictions than the Official one, but may show "advanced" caches. It's similar on handheld GPSrs.

Hi,

I've recently made my first cache,

GC6NW91 Golgoth 7

Its a traditionnal cache, no big deal. It has been recenlty published. I can see the point on my map with a star, meaning i am the owner. And also, I can see its a traditional cache.

But, when I try to give the location for some friends of mine, on their smartphones the point on the map is a light green spot, not a dark green, meaning its a 'advanced cache'

and of course, when clic on it, its says advanced cache, please subscribe.

any idea ?

thx for your help.

https://coord.info/GC6NW91

They cache type is not the problem.

The terrain rating that puts this cache in the "advanced" range should be accurate, no matter who can see it on their app or not. Changing it just to appease some folks would be a bad idea.

You can't change the cache type, and nor should you. If you want to change the cache type, you would need to archive it and resubmit it as another type.

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Geocache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

4.14. Editing a Published Listing: Minor Change

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=201

4.15. Editing a Published Listing: Major Change

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=76

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol