CO repeatedly deletes valid found logs - options?

DubbleG

I found a cache with a damaged container. I signed the log and posted both "found" and "needs maintenance" logs. After the CO replaced the damaged cache he deleted both logs. I sent him a message asking him why and got back what I felt was a disrespectful post. We had a couple of unfortunate message exchanges after which I told him I was blocking him and putting his caches on my ignore list. I thought that was the end of it but it was not. He has subsequently deleted my replacement logs for no good reason. All my logs can be found here:

None of the logs violate Groundspeak policy and since I did find and sign the log I am entitled to post my find.

What are my options to get the CO to refrain from what I believe is an invalid removal of my logs (in addition to acting like a child)?

What did your logs say (we can't view archived logs)

What did the CO say to you?

If your logs are valid, then contact Groundspeak and they could let them stay. Or you could just let it be. It really isn't the end of the world.

Now I just know your side, so I can't say if the logs are valid, or anything else. Groundspeak may take this view as well and not do anything, or wait until they know both sides.

What did your logs say (we can't view archived logs)

What did the CO say to you?

If your logs are valid, then contact Groundspeak and they could let them stay. Or you could just let it be. It really isn't the end of the world.

Now I just know your side, so I can't say if the logs are valid, or anything else. Groundspeak may take this view as well and not do anything, or wait until they know both sides.

Hmm. Sorry, I thought the links would work. Does this one?

https://www.geocachi...ef-53f92c34171c

If it doesn't I'll cut and paste from the archive but would prefer that you see the original to know I'm not trying to edit anything. As for what the CO said, it isn't important and it doesn't change anything.

Happened to me when I posted an NA log on cache where the CO stated he would no longer maintain the cache. He then went to one of his other caches and deleted my found log on it. I quickly called him out on it and posted another found log and he backed off. I think some folks don't know that deletions notify the person who logged it and think they can get away with some juvenile form of retribution on a perceived slight.

CO deleted my valid log, and also when I logged it again. In my case the CO wasn't abusive as such, but they were convinced that I had damaged the container (which I had not).

Even if you had broken it you still found it.

Not trying to condone breaking caches, but I don't think the Guidelines say anything about being disqualified from logging a find because of how you found it or how carelessly you handle the container.

CO deleted my valid log, and also when I logged it again. In my case the CO wasn't abusive as such, but they were convinced that I had damaged the container (which I had not).

Even if you had broken it you still found it.

Not trying to condone breaking caches, but I don't think the Guidelines say anything about being disqualified from logging a find because of how you found it or how carelessly you handle the container.

Agreed, and my log was quickly restored.

In my case, the cache was intended to be an "evil" hide. It usually gets DNFs. So much so that when he gets a find, the CO goes out and checks, as he doesn't believe it was found. My friend and I found it on the ground, a bison under a rock. We didn't read all the logs to know it was supposed to be "evil", and didn't think anything of it. To this day I don't know how it was intended to be hidden, but the CO accused us of "trashing the area until the cache was found by force". It was at the base of a fence; my guess is the bison was intended to be inside a fence post perhaps.

Even more annoying was they checked on the cache the day after we found it (and I assume saw our names in the log), but waited 6 months to delete our logs.

To this day I don't know how it was intended to be hidden, but the CO accused us of "trashing the area until the cache was found by force". It was at the base of a fence; my guess is the bison was intended to be inside a fence post perhaps.

Cache owners like this crack me up.. they hide an impossible to find cache and then wonder why the area gets torn up. Jeez, it isn't rocket science.