filling out TB form

DuckanaJones

I've have a number of TB's, and when I filled out the activation form, there is the option of "Collectable" Yes No. I usually just click no, but I was wondering what the difference is? If I click Yes, does that mean someone can collect it and keep it? or just that someone can retrieve it and move it? Maybe I'm just blind, but can't seem to find anything on this on the GC site. Been caching for 6 years now and just realized I have no clue what this part of the form means and just don't want to screw up all the new TB's I received as a gift. Thanks in advance for your help.

I've have a number of TB's, and when I filled out the activation form, there is the option of "Collectable" Yes No. I usually just click no, but I was wondering what the difference is? If I click Yes, does that mean someone can collect it and keep it? or just that someone can retrieve it and move it? Maybe I'm just blind, but can't seem to find anything on this on the GC site. Been caching for 6 years now and just realized I have no clue what this part of the form means and just don't want to screw up all the new TB's I received as a gift. Thanks in advance for your help.

Help Center → Trackables → Moving Trackables

3.5. Collectible vs. Non-Collectible Trackables

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=647

3.4. Trackable Collections

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=250

B.

...there is the option of "Collectable"...

Been caching for 6 years now and just realized I have no clue what this part of the form means and just don't want to screw up all the new TB's I received as a gift.

Don't feel bad. Many still don't understand, and it is relatively new.

In 3.4 - Trackable Collections is a sentence, "You can allow another geocacher to collect a trackable that you own".

Used to be worded even worse, and I believe this is why some feel they can keep another's trackable simply because the Owner didn't know the correct option.

I believe the best option is making everything non-collectible.

- Though we all see how well "Don't Keep Me" is working out too. :D

Everything you wanted to know about Trackables. :)

Collectible enables a coin to be placed into a Collection, a digital holding area to keep a large number of personally owned coins organized, if you've activated them but they are to stay at home (or if you show them in a binder at Events). Most catchers never need to use that function. As metioned, mark your TB Not Collectible unless you have a specific plan to add it to a Collection. If you don't know what Collectible is for, you don't need it. :anicute: