Gadget Caches

Id like to see Gadget Caches have their own Cache type so I can search for them as they are the ones we love doing the most. Anyone else think the same ?

The usual problem is defining and drawing lines. At what point is a unique and tricky container a gadget? Is a wallplate a gadget? How about an electrical box? They are usually fun and have lots of favorite points, but classification of borderline cases will be difficult.

Id like to see Gadget Caches have their own Cache type so I can search for them as they are the ones we love doing the most. Anyone else think the same ?

I'm the exact opposite, and view "gadget" caches right up there with "5" puzzles in parking lots.

If the attributes and difficulty don't seem to be working (haven't heard that one yet...), I'm all for making 'em a cache type, so I can steer clear. :)

I'm the exact opposite, and view "gadget" caches right up there with "5" puzzles in parking lots.

If the attributes and difficulty don't seem to be working (haven't heard that one yet...), I'm all for making 'em a cache type, so I can steer clear. :)

I Guess i'm surprised there's people out there that don't appreciate gadget caches. Considering the amount of time, effort and creativity that's put into some of them.

I Guess i'm surprised there's people out there that don't appreciate gadget caches. Considering the amount of time, effort and creativity that's put into some of them.

"Some" being the key word. :)

Many we found were just a shell of whatever-they-were, busted up well before we ever found 'em.

Nothing special about a log in a broken piece a carp.

There's plenty of those around. :lol:

Then where does it stop? Gadget caches? Church caches. Cemetery caches, airport caches, blue caches, green caches?

Nope. The cache types are sufficient. I'd think it would be easy to just do a PQ with caches that have the field puzzle attribute.

And there *are* ways to search for special-interest caches, like tree caches.

Then where does it stop? Gadget caches? Church caches. Cemetery caches, airport caches, blue caches, green caches?

Nope. The cache types are sufficient. I'd think it would be easy to just do a PQ with caches that have the field puzzle attribute.

I was wondering if a system of "tagging" might work. e.g a CO is allowed to add a number of tags to their cache, perhaps limit the number of tags per cache if necessary. The tags would be created by the community such that as people gain "experience", perhaps by having placed so many caches, then they are also able to create new tags. The mechanism for creating new tags would have some intelligence so that, for example, trying to create a tag for "Cemitary" or "CemeteryCache" would point out that there's already a tag for "Cemetery". The various search functions would then allow the ability to search by tags.

So in the UK, the people who thought up the "Church Micro" series, would have also created a tag "ChurchMicro" and would ask people adding to the series to add this tag to their caches, and hey presto those who are interested can search for all Church Micro caches.

This is a system I've seen in use in other places, particularly a tech support forum where I hang out.

Thoughts?