German translation help needed, please

Gill & Tony

I am about to submit an event in Zurich and I would be pleased if someone could correct my German translation. If you feel I should add more detail, please let me know

Thanks

Tony

The short description is:

The final night of our 6-week European holiday.

Die letzte Nacht unserer 6-wöchigen europäischen Urlaubs.

The long description is:

Several months ago we found a travel bug in a cache in Australia. This had the mission to return to Zurich, so I contacted the owner and we agreed that I would keep it until I arrived in Switzerland. I hope to return it to its rightful owner. If the owner is unable to attend I will pass it on to a local on their behalf.

We will meet at the Grande Cafe & Bar, Limmatquai 118 at 18:00 and the event will run for one hour. I hope to arrive early and find a table where we can meet.

We will have pathtags and small Australian souvenirs to give away. If anyone has travel bugs which want to go to Australia I will be happy to take them on their journey.

Mit Hilfe von Google Translate :

Vor einigen Monaten fanden wir in einem Cache in Australien ein Reisewanze . Dies hatte die Mission nach Zürich zurückzukehren , so kontaktierte ich den Besitzer und wir waren uns einig , dass ich es halten würde, bis ich in der Schweiz angekommen. Ich hoffe, dass es an den rechtmäßigen Besitzer zurückzugeben . Wenn der Besitzer zur Teilnahme an nicht in der Lage ist, werde ich es zu einem lokalen , in ihrem Namen weitergeben .

Wir werden an der Grande Cafe & Bar, Limmatquai 118 um 18:00 Uhr und die Veranstaltung wird bis 19:00 Uhr laufen . Ich hoffe, früh zu kommen und eine Tabelle finden, wo wir uns treffen können .

Wir haben Pathtags und kleine australische Souvenirs zu verschenken . Wenn jemand Travel Bugs hat, die nach Australien gehen wollen werde ich glücklich sein, sie auf ihrer Reise zu nehmen.

Several months ago we found a travel bug in a cache in Australia. This had the mission to return to Zurich, so I contacted the owner and we agreed that I would keep it until I arrived in Switzerland. I hope to return it to its rightful owner. If the owner is unable to attend I will pass it on to a local on their behalf.

We will meet at the Grande Cafe & Bar, Limmatquai 118 at 18:00 and the event will run for one hour. I hope to arrive early and find a table where we can meet.

We will have pathtags and small Australian souvenirs to give away. If anyone has travel bugs which want to go to Australia I will be happy to take them on their journey.

I suggest:

Vor mehreren Monaten haben wir einen "reisenden" in einem Cache in Australien gefunden. Sein Reise-Ziel war es nach Zürich zurück zu kehren. Also habe ich Kontakt mit dem Besitzer aufgenommen und wir haben verabredet, dass ich den "Reisenden" behalte bis ich nach Zürich komme. Ich hoffe, dass ich ihn seinem berechtigten Besitzer übergeben kann. Falls der Besitzer nicht teilnehmen kann, werde ich den "Reisenden" an einen örtlichen Cacher weiter geben um ihn weiterzuleiten.

Wir treffen uns im "Grande Cafe & Bar", Limmatquai 118 um 18.00 Uhr und das Treffen wird eine Stunde dauern. Ich hoffe ich kann früher da sein und finde einen Tisch, an dem wir zusammen sitzen können.

Ich werde Pathtags und kleine Australische Souvenirs als Präsente dabei haben. Wenn jemand "Reisende" hat, die nach Australien reisen soll, nehme ich die gerne auf ihrer Reise mit.

I hope this will help you an I hope you will have a good time on your holiday and a nice event in Zürich.

Greetings from "Palatina" Germany

Hi,

My English isn't the best but I think I can help you with the German text ;-)

The short description is:

The final night of our 6-week European holiday.

Der letzte Abend unseres 6-wöchigen europäischen Urlaubs.

The long description is:

Mit Hilfe von Google Translate :

Vor einigen Monaten fanden wir in einem Cache in Australien einen Travelbug . Dieser hatte die Mission nach Zürich zurückzukehren. Ich kontaktierte den Besitzer und wir waren uns einig, dass ich ihn behalten würde, bis ich in die Schweiz komme. Ich hoffe, ich kann ihn an den rechtmäßigen Owner zurückzugeben. Sollte dieser keine Zeit haben an dem Event teilzunehmen, werde ich den Travelbug an einen lokalen Cacher übergeben .

Wir werden im "Grande Cafe & Bar", Limmatquai 118, um 18:00 Uhr sein und die Veranstaltung wird bis 19:00 Uhr gehen. Ich hoffe, dass wir etwas früher da sein können, um einen Tisch zu finden, an dem wir uns treffen können.

Wir haben Pathtags und kleine australische Souvenirs zu verschenken. Wenn jemand Travelbugs hat, die nach Australien reisen wollen, nehme ich diese sehr gerne mit.

Thanks to all for replying. I will go with Lythanda's translation.

Maybe if you are in Zurich on October 5th?

Tony

No, unfortunately that's either in the middle of the week and to far away from Hamburg (where I live) as well. I'm sorry.

Have a splendid vacation in Europe.

Hans

Thanks to all for replying. I will go with Lythanda's translation.

Maybe if you are in Zurich on October 5th?

Tony

Hi,

and thank you very much :)

I'm very sad, but Zurich is for me also to far away. I live in Berlin / Germay.

I wish you a very good time in europe :) :) :)

Best wishes

Lythanda

Thanks for the good wishes for our trip. It will be huge and we are looking forward to it. A coach tour from Venice to Split, Dubrovnik, Montenegro, Ljubljana and Budapest. A river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. Self-drive car hire Amsterdam to Luxembourg and 7 days in Switzerland.

Cheers

Tony

To translate from any language to any language go to Google Translate. You can copy and paste the text in and it will translate it from/into any language

GT is useless for correct translations. It just give you an idea of what texts are about. In this case a correct translation was needed and GT can't do that, nor can any other computer translation. Only humans can (for now :ph34r: )

To translate from any language to any language go to Google Translate. You can copy and paste the text in and it will translate it from/into any language

Please translate the following log using any online service:

Bel percorso! Molti scalini, qualcuno scivoloso o cedevole, comunque una gita adatta anche a ragazzini. Il sentiero è ben tenuto, fino all'ultimo metro.

I'm quite sure using a translation service is exactly what OP did, but was aware of the issues the result might have.