Cannot read notification mails in German

Homer_J_Simpson

A few days ago I noticed that notification mails now came in German, my preferred languages.

But, all Mails titeled "Benachrichtigung" are unreadable with IE, FF and MS outlook. Only the green Geocaching Graphic bar is displayed but no body text.

All other mails titeled "Beobachtungsliste", "Owner" or publish mails are displayed correctly.

On my smartphone (android) all mails are displayed properly.

before changing the titels to german, all mails were displayed completely.

Perhaps there is a bug in the mail templates?

Hi

A few days ago I noticed that notification mails now came in German, my preferred languages.

But, all Mails titeled "Benachrichtigung" are unreadable with IE, FF and MS outlook. Only the green Geocaching Graphic bar is displayed but no body text.

All other mails titeled "Beobachtungsliste", "Owner" or publish mails are displayed correctly.

On my smartphone (android) all mails are displayed properly.

before changing the titels to german, all mails were displayed completely.

Perhaps there is a bug in the mail templates?

the same here... Outlook 2016 and Win10 dosn't work, but with original MailClient from Win10 it's OK

there must be a problem with the templates!

Best Martin

In my webbrowser, the mail body begins with <![CDATA[ ....

This is only displayed at mails titled "Benachrichtigung"

Other mails ("Beobachtungsliste, etc.) are displayed normaly.

yep - i can also confirm this...

Code with error:

<!-- ======= start body copy ======= -->
								<table class="one-column" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="border-spacing:0;max-width: 600px;">
									<tr>
                                           <td>
                                               <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" align="left" style="text-align:left;padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;">

<tr>
                                                       <td align="left" width="100%" style="padding-top: 40px; padding-bottom: 60px;color:#4a4a4a;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:16px;line-height:22px;">
                                                           <a href="http://coord.info/GC2ETC5">
														<![CDATA[ <a href="http://coord.info/GC2ETC5">Vordemwäldler 
														Aussicht (GC2ETC5)</a> 

Code without error:

<!-- ======= start body copy ======= -->
								<table class="one-column" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="border-spacing:0;max-width: 600px;">
									<tr>
                                           <td>
                                               <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" align="left" style="text-align:left;padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;">

<tr>
                                                       <td align="left" width="100%" style="padding-top: 40px; padding-bottom: 60px;color:#4a4a4a;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:16px;line-height:22px;">
                                                           <a href="http://coord.info/GC2C9G2">
														Entfelden-Süd 
														(GC2C9G2)</a> auf <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/my/watchlist.aspx">

@Groundspeak

when do you fix this error?

Best

Martin

Hello Groundspeak, can you fix this bug????????

i've done a ticket to Groundspeak - and here is the answer:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your email, and please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

We've been having issues with our notification service for the past few weeks, and our engineers are working to attempt to identify and fix the problem(s). It's been a difficult process for them because the bugs tend to be intermittent.

We do understand the frustration it causes, and we have multiple developers actively working to fix it.

Best regards,

Chris

Geocaching HQ

Best, Martin