Should this be archived?

oregone

I went to this cache yesterday and i'm not sure i get it. If it's a virtual, then what's the point? If it's a micro, then how come people keep logging finds if they can't find it? The cache owner hasn't logged on sice october, so should this be archived?

By the way, you'll notice i logged a find on his other micro/virtual 'placed' a mile away. Let me know if i'm being hypocritical by logging it as a find.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

I'd email the owner first. Looks like there was a micro there at one time, there's even a picture of it with the first log. Who knows if it's still there or not, nobody seems to care. Too funny.

NOTE TO SELF:

Avoid all caches that state:

"THIS REGURIES THINKING"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message has been edited to fit your TV screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. That's a list of bogus finds if ever there was one. I suspect that ROCKETMANDANE changed the icon to 'virtual' after it was approved. It would not be approved in its present form. It is a micro cache and if you don't find it, you shouldn't be logging it!

This one will be archived if the owner cannot be reached.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

It appears that a year and a half ago Rocketmandane dropped off 3 film canisters with toothpicks in them and called them caches. I did one of them, Lost Cache, against my better judgement. Heck, it was a 10-minute walk from where we were camping. I eventually found it and emailed the requested "proof" but never got a reply. I'd archive all of them.

So, what do you call a cache that has no log to sign? Virtual? Traditional? Other?

I happen to know the cacher who owns the cache mentioned by John E Cache.

If you hunt a cache and can't find it you owe it to the owner to log it as a no-find (I didn't see one posted). He has replacements at the ready.

UPDATE: I checked some older logs on the cache and see that J.E.C. found it back on 12/8/02. ?!?

[This message was edited by pdxmarathonman on January 26, 2003 at 09:07 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

I happen to know the cacher who owns the cache mentioned by John E Cache.

If you hunt a cache and can't find it you owe it to the owner to log it as a no-find (I didn't see one posted). He has replacements at the ready.

UPDATE: I checked some older logs on the cache and see that J.E.C. found it back on 12/8/02. ?!?

[This message was edited by pdxmarathonman on January 26, 2003 at 09:07 PM.]

OK. My post was poorly written. The cache wasn't a waste of time. I thought it was kind of clever. I was just diappointed that I went to the trouble getting a stamp for the cache and it wasn't necessary. After the latest logs, I guess I don't see the point of the cache. Anyone can log it. I did point out that people who logged did actually find the cache, unlike Oegone's example.

quote:
I was just disappointed that I went to the trouble getting a stamp for the cache and it wasn't necessary

Don't let the fact that some others don't participate in a way that the owner of the cache specified ruin your fun! I would say you should feel proud to have made the effort. Some folks even went so far as to create their own stamp.

If it was a puzzle cache, you would have been forced to make some extra effort. You made the effort of your own free will. Good for you! icon_wink.gif

So there is a cache, and it's following the new advice of "put any cache there if you can instead of making yet another virtual"

Looks like a good cache and a bunch of dorks logging finds they didn't earn. Perhaps the owner should start deleting logs.

I don't see a problem here. There are other caches out there that are similar and don't even claim to exist for the great view.

Wherever you go there you are.