why its getting harder to find things...

Interesting article claiming a relatively huge distance discrepancy. I understand surveyors use GPS to within millimetres. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-28/aust-latitude-longitude-coordinates-out-by-1-5m-scientists/7666858

Simple solution - for now just look 1.5 metres to the (appropriate) side of wherever your GPSr says whatever it is should be. :)

Interesting advice, but incorrect! :)

Why? Because the hider's gpsr was *also* off by 1.5 meters! The only adjustment needed is to look 7 cm NW of GZ (check article) for each full year between when the cache was placed and the day of search!

So there's no excuse for slower finds!

Interesting advice, but incorrect! :)

Why? Because the hider's gpsr was *also* off by 1.5 meters! The only adjustment needed is to look 7 cm NW of GZ (check article) for each full year between when the cache was placed and the day of search!

Excellent point - I hadn't thought that one through...

Actually, I think the definitive answer to "why its getting harder to find things..." is that I'm getting old and can no longer remember where I put them...

However, you've proven that your memory is fine - even three weeks later, you were able to find your way back to this thread!

Actually, I think the definitive answer to "why its getting harder to find things..." is that I'm getting old and can no longer remember where I put them...

However, you've proven that your memory is fine - even three weeks later, you were able to find your way back to this thread!

Whatever gave you the idea that I didn't spend the entirety of that three weeks looking for it?!?!?! :lol: