GeoTours: improved presence on the mobile apps:

I'm cross-posting from our Release Notes today. (The Mobile Team will watch that thread and answer questions when possible.)

Release Notes (Geocaching® iPhone app) July 27, 2016

Make vacation plans! It's now easier than ever to explore GeoTours — collections of geocaches designed to introduce you to new locations. In this update to the Geocaching® iPhone app:

• Learn how to get started with GeoTours.
  • View GeoTour details for travel destinations.
  • Search for GeoTours by specific GT codes.
  • Bonus: Basic members can find and log GeoTour caches of all types and D/T ratings.

The Geocaching® Android app is currently in the testing phase and should be released soon with ability to access GeoTours.

6521d6a3-2892-46c9-8f52-330d0d028762.jpg

I'm cross-posting from our Release Notes today. (The Mobile Team will watch that thread and answer questions when possible.)

Make vacation plans! It's now easier than ever to explore GeoTours — collections of geocaches designed to introduce you to new locations. In this update to the Geocaching® iPhone app:

• Bonus: Basic members can find and log GeoTour caches of all types and D/T ratings.

The Geocaching® Android app is currently in the testing phase and should be released soon with ability to access GeoTours.

I find this feature less than useful. There are a bunch of other things that should be added to the app BEFORE being able to see if a cache is on a GeoTour or not...

I find this feature less than useful. There are a bunch of other things that should be added to the app BEFORE being able to see if a cache is on a GeoTour or not...

And you expect us to know the GT # in order to look it up on the app? Completely and utterly useless...

So you claimed a feature is available, but only on one version (iOS) of the application? Then it is not really available for everybody ..

When is this coming out to Android?

It was released on Android only a few days after the original announcement above. My apologies for not announcing that specifically here.

Our Help Center has more details. Below is a screenshot of the Operation Recreation GeoTour - GT3D - on an Android.

b4f577da-14bc-4680-bc94-d4c6dbd1f027.png?rnd=0.4417579