An event in Zurich

Gill & Tony

We have changed our plans for Zurich and have now booked into the Comfort Hotel Royal on Leonhardstrasse. We want to hold an event on our last evening, probably starting around 8pm, so we can have dinner first and then spend as long as possible meeting folk. One thing we definitely need to do is hand over a Zurich-bound TB to its rightful owner or, at least, someone who can pass it along.

So, where would be the best place to hold it and does 8pm sound reasonable?

We were thinking of a bar or club either in the hotel or nearby. Somewhere suitable for a couple in their 60's. Discos and nightclubs don't sound right.

The date will be Wednesday 5th October, so I hope an evening event would fit with people working nearby. We fly out late in the evening of the 6th.

Advice would be appreciated

thanks

Tony

We have changed our plans for Zurich and have now booked into the Comfort Hotel Royal on Leonhardstrasse. We want to hold an event on our last evening, probably starting around 8pm, so we can have dinner first and then spend as long as possible meeting folk. One thing we definitely need to do is hand over a Zurich-bound TB to its rightful owner or, at least, someone who can pass it along.

So, where would be the best place to hold it and does 8pm sound reasonable?

We were thinking of a bar or club either in the hotel or nearby. Somewhere suitable for a couple in their 60's. Discos and nightclubs don't sound right.

The date will be Wednesday 5th October, so I hope an evening event would fit with people working nearby. We fly out late in the evening of the 6th.

Advice would be appreciated

thanks

Tony

I met a couple of local caches at a place called the Double-U on Niederorfstrasse. It's a beer hall with a lot of outdoor seating. It's a really nice area and would probably work for a smaller event. It's a short walk from your hotel. You can check it out on Google Street view

Hi, Hans, nice to see you are planning on coming.

Following on from Hans's suggestion, is there anywhere on the waterfront suitable? Maybe on Neumuhlquai or, possibly, Limmatquai. I can't get street View working on Neumuhlquai.

Also, is 8pm a suitable time or would earlier, maybe 5:30pm be better?

Tanks

Tony

I've had a hunt around Google street View and have decided on meeting at the Grande Cafe & Bar, Limmatquai 118 at 17:30.

This looks like a nice location, close to the water and I'm hoping that 17:30 will enable people who work nearby to pop in on the way home from work.

I've written up the cache description but haven't submitted it for publication. I'm hoping to get some feedback on both the location and time.

So... Anyone want to comment?

Thanks

Tony