Pocket Query Not Working

bratbasset

Having read your post, I just tested the PQ generator. I can confirm that it is the Weekend, and Pocket Queries are broken. This is not all that rare a combination. Happy Geocaching.

NO HAPPY CACHING ! Mine is broken too. When are they going to fix it? I'm caching tomorrow and need it soon.

I ran a bunch of pocket queries this morning, some more in the early evening, and one just now after reading this post. All processed as expected. The one I just ran had not run in a week, and it fired off immediately.

It's possible that one pocket query server has hamsters who have fallen asleep. Maybe try logging out and logging in, attempting to connect to a different server?

I ran a bunch of pocket queries this morning, some more in the early evening, and one just now after reading this post. All processed as expected. The one I just ran had not run in a week, and it fired off immediately.

It's possible that one pocket query server has hamsters who have fallen asleep. Maybe try logging out and logging in, attempting to connect to a different server?

Are you saying that logging out and logging back in will connect you to a different server? Or is this something I supposedly have selection control over? I tried your suggestion. It didn't work.

I have been around the block a few times in the 13 years I have been hanging out here. I tried more than 1 PQ originally. I tried more than 1 PQ this time. I even tried to throw in a My Finds PQ for good measure.

NOTHING. The hamsters are not asleep. They are dead.

A follow up note here for anyone following this conversation, I really do understand the PQ priority system, but in this case I was the one that didn't specify in bold letters. I was creating BRAND NEW test PQ's - the highest possible priority PQ submission. I didn't say that "possibly" or "maybe" the PQ system is down again on a weekend. I am saying with absolute dead certainty that it is. I don't see any possibly way to "spin" that statement.

Edited by Cardinal Red

Cardinal Red, I apologize for not putting "possible" and "maybe" in boldfaced, capital letters. I'll try to be more precise going forward.

Another idea that has helped in the past when this behavior has been observed: Make a fresh copy of the pocket query you are trying to run, and try to run the copy.

Ditto: old PQ's run, new ones don't. Luckily an old one will just do the job for me.

Thanks, Running an old pq and modifying it for my current needs worked.

GC should have fixed this long ago and being a weekend shouldn't matter. They should have someone on-call for these situations.

Ditto: old PQ's run, new ones don't. Luckily an old one will just do the job for me.

GC should have fixed this long ago and being a weekend shouldn't matter. They should have someone on-call for these situations.

I am leaving on a road trip early this morning and tried to run a PQ last night (twice) and this morning, with no success.

Shame on you Groundspeak. This is no way to treat premium members as we are paying for pq service.

Edited by rustynails.

I am leaving on a road trip early this morning and tried to run a PQ last night (twice) and this morning, with no success.

Shame on you groudspeak. This no way to treat premium members as we are paying for pq service.

I was able to download the loc file from the query preview and load it in my gps, but without the gpx file, I can't put the cache info on my geosphere app. I'm hoping the query will run eventually, and I'll be able to get that info tonight, when I'm back on wifi. Yes, I am using antiquated technology (no smart phone).

After several attempts I must confirm that PQs are not working for me either! This concludes my Sunday afternoon bike-and-cache-trip. Can´t use my phone for that either - Groundspeak pulled the plug out of the Windows phone app.......

Wondering if paying for a premium Membership will be worth it´s value in the future...

Same here, Pocket Querys don't run. I tried with two different old ones, which I never actually ran before (well, I ran them before, but not creating GPX files, just looking at the preview). Nothing.

I hope it gets fixed soon. Having access to Pocket Querys is one of my main reasons for paying for Premium Membership (besides having easy access to PMO caches).

Caching on the fly with a phone app and not dependent on PQ's is priceless. B)

Having a few databases in GSAK that CAN be updated using the API (6000/24h) makes me indepentent of GC glitches. Data is never more than 1 week old. I'll get through the weekend with 27000+ Belgian caches and 37000+ caches in the Netherlands until it's fixed :ph34r:

Bummer I can't get MyFinds to run, I'll have to update the stats on my profile tomorrow.

Today I cannot run the "My finds" PQ.

I see "Last Generated (PST): 2016-07-17 23:50:04" and the button "Add to queue" is enabled.

When I click this button, I get "Your 'My Finds' Pocket Query has been scheduled to run", but the button stays enabled (normally it would become disabled for the next 3 days).

And in fact the "My finds" PQ does not run :(

Thanks guys! I went in and changed the options on an old query to fit my new query and it ran just fine! It's a big relief, because I was planning to hit a fairly long trail today and, like several others have mentioned here, I really can't do that with my phone anymore since they pulled the plug on the app for it.

Thanks guys! I went in and changed the options on an old query to fit my new query and it ran just fine! It's a big relief, because I was planning to hit a fairly long trail today and, like several others have mentioned here, I really can't do that with my phone anymore since they pulled the plug on the app for it.

There are several apps that work great. If you are a PM even Groundspeak's app is not bad.

Caching on the fly with a phone app and not dependent on PQ's is priceless. B)

Manville Possum

You a**ume everyone has or can afford a smart phone!!!!

Most of us do, and Groundspeak caters to app users over GPS users. Just a fact, no need to get your knickers in a bunch over it. :anicute:

How lucky for you and Groundspeak to be in a better financial position than some less fortunate folks!! Don't take that for granted as someday you may wear my shoes!!

An off-topic, tangential conversation between two users has been removed. Conversations between two users are best handled using the forum private message feature. Let's use this thread to discuss pocket queries, and any remaining problems from whatever the issue was earlier.