Unable to "drop" TB, not listed in my trackables

We5Downs

I picked up and logged a travelbug a couple of weeks ago. It showed in my inventory. I found another cache, but when using the app it wouldn't show up as something I could "drop". I just logged in on my laptop to see if it would work better. The TB doesn't show up in my inventory. When I go to the "drop" cache and try to drop it, it doesn't show up.

However, if I look at the TB's logs, my entry of picking it up is the last item listed.

So....do I have it or don't I?

Your TB Inventory shows no items.

Where did you get the TB? Which TB is it (post a TB# "Reference Number" only, not the Tracking Number). Have you made, then deleted any TB logs since retrieving it?

Without knowing the specifics, I'm guessing you may make a "Retrieve" log (or "Grab" as the case may be) and it will then be in your Inventory. If not, you'll need to contact Geocaching.com to get this unscrambled.

Edited by kunarion

06/21/2016 We5Downs posted a note for it

Picked up Elsie today. Will drop it at another cache on our way home.

If this the trackable in question, TB4JEF6

you never grabbed it. You posted a Note for It. It's still in the Inventory of a cache.

It should NOT have shown up in your inventory based on a Write Note log, however.

If it's some other trackable, please provide the reference number, thanks.

If that IS the trackable in question, you need to Grab it, a different log from Write Note. You'll need the tracking code on the tag (not the reference number) for that log.

Edited by palmetto

I picked up and logged a travelbug a couple of weeks ago. It showed in my inventory. I found another cache, but when using the app it wouldn't show up as something I could "drop". I just logged in on my laptop to see if it would work better. The TB doesn't show up in my inventory. When I go to the "drop" cache and try to drop it, it doesn't show up.

However, if I look at the TB's logs, my entry of picking it up is the last item listed.

So....do I have it or don't I?

When you "logged" a travelbug for Elsie, it was only a write note and won't show on your inventory.

A write note can be logged without the tracking code.

If you had logged a retrieve (from the cache you retrieved it from), it would have shown on your inventory, as you needed to include the tracking code for the system to accept.

Curious, since you mention "drop", is the trackable already in another cache?

If so, maybe it's better to just use this as a learning experience, and (hopefully) another cacher will handle the corrected logging for this one. :)

same thing happened to me: dropped a travel bug today, but when I wanted to log it, I realized it was not in my inventory. I realize I should have grab it , but I can't since I don't havé the secret number anymore. Si, if I understand well, it's Lost

I feel so bad!

Don't feel bad, things happen.

It's not lost, it'll probably get "fixed" when another finder retrieves it.

You just don't get that trackable in your Trackables Moved/Discovered, that's all. :)

I had the same problem as above...I DID do a retrieve log for  TB2VA1Z and I dropped it another cache yesterday.  But when I try to show it as dropped in that cache, it says there are no trackables in my inventory, which is not correct.  How do I resolve this?

24 minutes ago, Cocoloca said:

I had the same problem as above...I DID do a retrieve log for  TB2VA1Z and I dropped it another cache yesterday.  But when I try to show it as dropped in that cache, it says there are no trackables in my inventory, which is not correct.  How do I resolve this?

It is still showing in your Inventory.  Were you using an App? If the system will not allow you to log a Drop (maybe after waiting a day or so to see if it clears up), you will have to contact Geocaching.com to correct it.  In theory, the next finder could do a "Grab" log to continue its travels.

But on that coin's page, you have not mentioned any issue.  So it will become confusing to people after a while.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Cocoloca said:

It's still showing as in your possession on the "Trackables moved/discovered" on your public profile,  and on the Trackable's page. 

- We can't see your actual inventory.

If you're using the/an app,  maybe try the site instead.    :)

Neither work, agree with kunarion, hit "Contact Us" on the bottom of most geocaching pages (here and cache pages too  :-) and explain the issue. 

Possible someone may "fix" it by grabbing from you in the meantime.  You could write a note on the cache page stating your issue for helpful info for others too, if the site doesn't work either.

Odd the TO still calls it a coin, when it's obviously been a whistle since around '13.  

9 hours ago, Cocoloca said:

This afternoon, I was trying to make a found log using my phone and Chrome browser, and it showed that I had no trackables in my inventory. I had just completed a log before that, and that one showed all the trackables in my inventory. I think there may be something a little screwy with the geocaching servers this weekend.

Try it again, maybe on a PC with a popular web browser, and edit your previous cache log. Try to do a "Drop" again..

Edited by kunarion