New Feature Request: Hiding a Geocache

I can't see you getting a lot of support for this. Making hiders at least use a browser but more probably use a PC means that at least some effort has to go into a listing because you have to go out of your way to fill out the forms. Embedding cache page creation in the app is likely to lead to pressing a button to capture your (very fuzzy) location, dropping a cheap, crap container and never ever thinking about it again.

Yes, it's possible, and probably easy for them to do. But that's not the point.

It's about the hide themselves. If people don't want to do any work to make the page, it's not a stretch to think they won't do any work on the cache.

Also, if you want to hide it in an app, you've got a wifi connection, and a phone with an internet browser. It's not really hard to do it on a phone.

Also, if you want to hide it in an app, you've got a wifi connection, and a phone with an internet browser. It's not really hard to do it on a phone.

I've created and submitted several cache listings via my phone from public WiFi connections.

I'm still asking for an ignore caches by user feature to filter out power trails. :anicute:

Edited by Manville Possum

I can't see you getting a lot of support for this. Making hiders at least use a browser but more probably use a PC means that at least some effort has to go into a listing because you have to go out of your way to fill out the forms. Embedding cache page creation in the app is likely to lead to pressing a button to capture your (very fuzzy) location, dropping a cheap, crap container and never ever thinking about it again.

This ^^^

It will likely result in a lot of pill bottles tossed out and never retrieved when the cache submission gets rejected for being too close to a multi, puzzle or letterbox final.