Wherigo

rangercarol

I have struggled building my first Wherigo mainly because I can't find instructions that I am certain are out there. I used Wherigo/kit to layout the tour, tested it in the emulator, and somehow got it to upload to the Wherigo builder. I then played the cartridge in the field. I am having difficulty with the final details; editing in the builder, deleting early versions, and most important, linking the cartridge to a new geocache before publishing.

Also, one of the Wherigo cartridges that I played had no physical cache. I kind of like that because the cache is sometimes anti-climatic. The tool for building a new geocache does not seem to allow for that. Comments?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rangercarol

Most Wherigo Listings in my area have the Cartridge link in the Related Webpage box. Alternatively, some also add it as a link in the Description.

As MP stated, for a Wherigo Listing on geocaching.com to get Published, it must have a cache container and a logbook. If you found one without a Final cache, it either was changed post publication or the fact was not brought to the Reviewer's attention. It should not have been Published.

Editing in the builder

For any help on that, you'll have to say which builder you're trying to use. Urwigo and Groundspeak's builder can both import cartridges made by Kit.

Deleting early versions

Of your cartridge on Wherigo.com? Not happening. You should have uploaded a new GWZ to the existing listing, not made a new listing. Either way, there isn't a way to delete previous versions of anything.

Linking the cartridge to a new geocache before publishing

Add the cartridge listing's Wherigo.com URL to the related links section on gc.com.

No physical cache

You can list the cartridge on Wherigo.com, but you cannot list anything on gc.com as a Wherigo cartridge without a geocache component is not a geocache.

Thanks for all your comments. I have incorporated them all. Now I have, what is probably a simple issue, I pulled up the cartridge, added a physical cache, made some edits, saved it, and built it. The saved cartridge is good however, the emulator is not picking up the final edits. I can't go any further until I am sure the cartridge is correct.

When I am sure it is as good as I can get it I will upload it and submit it to Geocaching.com.

Thanks,

Rangercarol

Thanks for all your comments. I have incorporated them all. Now I have, what is probably a simple issue, I pulled up the cartridge, added a physical cache, made some edits, saved it, and built it. The saved cartridge is good however, the emulator is not picking up the final edits. I can't go any further until I am sure the cartridge is correct.

When I am sure it is as good as I can get it I will upload it and submit it to Geocaching.com.

Thanks,

Rangercarol

I actually went out and played my cartridge before submitting it for review as a geocache listing. :)