Submit all field notes

Intrepid Dyad

Hello, I Write out all my logs in the field, but save them to my device instead of uploading them directly. I then later upload them as field notes. My question is how do i submit them all at once? I already have the log type selected and the log message written out......I don't see a reason to go through the log submission page per cache. I would much prefer to submit them all as logs at once.

Does anybody know of a good way to do this?

Which phone/OS?

Which App?

And. Do you write the Log, or write a Field Note?

Some apps allow you to write a Log and submit it later, Field Notes are a different thing to a Log...

I use c:geo

The log is saved as really both. I can submit each one as a log, just from the saved log on the device, but I find this more tedious then the field notes. C:geo offers the ability to export all offline logs as field notes. It exports them having all data, including log type, log time to second, and sends the prefilled log comment as well. basically I have no reason to confirm them or edit them....so having a way to publish them all at once would be very great.

unfortunately c:geo does not allow the ability to submit all offline logs at once, the only way to get them all to move to your account is as field notes, not as logs. I know the official app for instance you can publish all offline logs with a single button push.

C:geo is not an approved app, or API user. As such, not a Groundspeak problem.

Contact the c:geo folks on their web site.

:)

I wasn't suggesting as such, I am just trying to figure out how to submit them all at once. This isn't a bug report or update request.....I'm asking the community for ideas and suggestions.

why would I contact c:Geo folks? except for a feature request. I'm asking here to see if any fellow community members for their advice, not to be told it's not a grounspeak issue, so I shouldn't ask on here. Many people in this community use C:geo and some may have had similar issues and found a solution. I mean if I though it was Groundspeak's issue I would have emailed them....not posted a thread on the community message board about it.

My field notes are just shorthand notes to myself. I use them to write real logs later, when I have access to a real keyboard.

If you're writing field notes that are complete logs, ready to be posted, then why not just post your logs in the field? Why not just post them as live logs in the first place?

My field notes are just shorthand notes to myself. I use them to write real logs later, when I have access to a real keyboard.

If you're writing field notes that are complete logs, ready to be posted, then why not just post your logs in the field? Why not just post them as live logs in the first place?

I usually do, but cellular data can be spotty and trying to send them sometimes is more hassle then it is worth. and of course other times definitely not possible with zero cellular connection.

My main concern really is when i travel and have zero data access for a week to a month.

Being an unauthorized app (and one that puts an unnecessarily heavy load on the geocaching.com servers), it doesn't have access to do some of the things the authorized apps can do so easily. There's an unfortunately-high number of people using it and someone here may have the answer you're looking for, but past experience has shown that Groundspeak doesn't like us talking about it in their forums. People have actually had their accounts temporarily suspended just for mentioning the app at all. Your best bet will be to ask in the app's support forums.