Geocoin Mismatch

dtap60

I picked up a trackable Geocoin this week. Unfortunately the coin number and TB number did not match. I contacted the owner - asking if she could correct. She responded "I logged in to my account to attempt to make changes necessary; however, I don't see the option to change the coin #! Any ideas? I'm very surprised that the coin was still there!" Perhaps someone can give me direction on how I can log the pick-up and move it along to a new home?

Sorry posted to wrong category. Reposting to Geocoins

Edited by dtap60

Since you have trackables of your own, assume you realize,that the private code and the public number are different, and that often (oh) for 0 (zero) , I for L, etc creates errors that might be corrected by switching 'em around.

If the private code is listed on another trackable, the coin's owner (not you) should contact Groundspeak's Help Center..

They should've known that.

We can't change trackable codes. Here's a perfect reason why I guess.

If they logged the wrong code on their trackable, it needs to be fixed before someone uses that number and really botches things up.

You obviously can't log a trackable properly without the code.

You could just place it in another cache and forgetaboutit ... :)

Since you have trackables of your own, assume you realize,that the private code and the public number are different, and that often (oh) for 0 (zero) , I for L, etc creates errors that might be corrected by switching 'em around.

If the private code is listed on another trackable, the coin's owner (not you) should contact Groundspeak's Help Center..

They should've known that.

We can't change trackable codes. Here's a perfect reason why I guess.

If they logged the wrong code on their trackable, it needs to be fixed before someone uses that number and really botches things up.

You obviously can't log a trackable properly without the code.

You could just place it in another cache and forgetaboutit ... :)

Thanks for the help - I will pass along the info to the owner.