Will geocaching app work if I have no cell phone service?

i have the cachebot app on my iPhone. The app works when I don't have wifi

I'm going on a camping trip to a state park and there is no cell phone crevice there, I'm wondering if that will affect the app as well?

Is there a way to geocache using only a phone in an area with no cell phone service?

"For users with a Basic Geocaching.com account, the map is restricted to traditional caches, Pocket Queries are not available, and Custom Search is limited. This not a restriction of the app, but of the Geocaching.com platform."

- So I'm not sure.

Looks (to me) that it's the same as the official app, where functions (lists is one...) are dependant on membership.

Edited by cerberus1

"For users with a Basic Geocaching.com account, the map is restricted to traditional caches, Pocket Queries are not available, and Custom Search is limited. This not a restriction of the app, but of the Geocaching.com platform."

- So I'm not sure.

Looks (to me) that it's the same as the official app, where functions (lists is one...) are dependant on membership.

pocket queries aren't needed with phone apps, just download one or one thousand caches, then display by distance/name/size/whatever. since there is no limit to the number the phone can hold, you don't have to cycle through queries and changing gpx files, just as more

- So I'm not sure.

pocket queries aren't needed with phone apps, just download one or one thousand caches, then display by distance/name/size/whatever. since there is no limit to the number the phone can hold, you don't have to cycle through queries and changing gpx files, just as more

I simply read what cachebot had to say about basic members, in reference to anothers statement on offline lists...

I use a GPSr mostly, and not interested in rigging anything on our phones.

- We're waiting until the official app's completed. :)

Edited by cerberus1

- So I'm not sure.

I simply read what cachebot had to say about basic members, in reference to anothers statement on offline lists...

I use a GPSr mostly, and not interested in rigging anything on our phones.

- We're waiting until the official app's completed. :)

understood!

it seems like queries and transferring stuff is one of the things i scratch my head about(i use smartphones only) , probably much like stand alone users might scratch their head about how little rigging it takes to go with a phone. different hardware different ways of doing things

Yes it will, but you need a premium membership for it to work. I recently ran into an issue with my GPS and having to use my phone as a backup... a LOT of data later, I decided to buy a new GPS. Someone told me to just download the caches offline, and disable my cell service.

I now use an older phone that I'm no longer making payments on - note, no data whatsoever outside of WIFI - and it works great!

If you're a premium member, you need to create either bookmark folders, or a pocket query. When you open your geocaching app, you will see them both in your lists. Click the little dots to "download offline data", and VOILA!

I use pocket query for my entire city, and bookmarks for specific caches. They both work on my phone that "isn't a phone". Even when I'm in the absolute middle of NOWHERE.

i have the cachebot app on my iPhone. The app works when I don't have wifi

I'm going on a camping trip to a state park and there is no cell phone crevice there, I'm wondering if that will affect the app as well?

Is there a way to geocache using only a phone in an area with no cell phone service?

https://cachebot.io/en/

Organize Caches in Lists

Create a list with all the caches for the next tour or keep track of the caches you still have to log. Caches in lists are available offline.

B.