Oregon geocoin tracking screwup.

Mr. Snazz

Well, this was a horrible lesson in why daily backups should be the first and last thing I think about every day. I should wake up and say "Hey! Its today! Am I backing up EVERYTHING?"

Yesterday, the databases which held the Oregon Geocoin tracking information, and the cogeo.org forums, were corrupted beyond recovery. I also lost several other databases, one of which I thankfully was keeping daily backups of. For some reason I never added the cointrack nor cogeo forums databases to the scheduled backups.

There's no excuse for this. I'm truly sorry for the loss of data. I feel horrible.

I promise that I'll do everything I can to ensure the safety of the data from this day forth.

I deserve any and all flames. I screwed up big time.

icon_frown.gif

It's all small stuff...........Adds spice to our lives. We start the fight all over again. And a beer, don't forget the beer.

I recently lost my laptop and all software in an accident that also claimed two good friends. A lot of important data involving my new business (5 months) was lost. Needless to say, I was found backing up my desk top the next day. And a beer.

"At this place we had wintered...and lived as well as we had any right to expect"

-William Clark-

thanks guys icon_smile.gif I did have a beer, actually. Down at the end of Skeleton cave.

I have automatic daily backups set up now for both databases... the backups are copied on to a seperate machine locally, and also sent to a machine at my office. Soon a copy will also be sent to a machine in Canada, so that in the event Bend is nuked, the forums will still be okay. icon_biggrin.gif

Events like Chiefs make things like lost forums seem so small. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friends Chief. I hope you where not hurt.

I do not remember anything so important on those logs that the world will end or even stall.

A lot of good pointers and conversation and such is lost but we will all just have to start anew!

logscaler.

"It is not fair to have a battle of wits with unarmed people."

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Paulina:

I recently lost my laptop and all software in an accident that also claimed two good friends.

Well, that puts things into perspective, as your caches often do. icon_cool.gif

On a lighter note, "Mr. Backup" as he will now be known is unlikely to be contrite for long. icon_wink.gif