Trackable's

trackdayguy

...are people stealing them?

Yep.

Though toys may be grabbed by kids, not realizing that attached tag isn't the manufacturer, I think many are the "treasure" some grab as a souvenir from this " real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game " just before they leave it for another app on the phone( pokemon go now...).

Some are lost in-between car seats, bottom of the pack, fell through/outta a pocket, etc

There are a few hoarders too.

My GC friend and I are becoming rather frustrated that so many GC that are listed as having inventory have nothing, are people stealing them. It's most annoying

You may have noticed the containers have pretty much nothing that anyone would like. People are stealing all of it. Yes, Trackables, too.

My GC friend and I are becoming rather frustrated that so many GC that are listed as having inventory have nothing, are people stealing them. It's most annoying

You may have noticed the containers have pretty much nothing that anyone would like. People are stealing all of it. Yes, Trackables, too.

+1

Seemed to be around '09 when "Took a lanyard, left a kooshball" (or similar), or those that didn't take or leave anything would write "TNLNSL" ended.

- That seemed to be the start of "take".

The same folks who gripe about quality of swag, are probably the ones who've depleted most, looking for others to supply better stuff. :lol:

When geocaching is touted as a treasure hunt game folks come to expect treasure. Nothing more treasure like than geocoins ripe for the taking. People don't seem to care, or have the ability to care, that it's not corporations or rich philanthropists releasing all this booty for our enjoyment but normal folks with normal lives struggling to get by like anyone else.

And parents are the worst allowing their children to take whatever they want without putting something back of equal or greater value for the next person. Rocks and feathers found on the ground are not swag and it's the parents' job to educate their kids rather than pass on the consequence to strangers.... I mean who gives a $#!t about strangers!! #welcometothehelicopterparentnation

Nowadays, owners and holders choose carefully the caches where they will drop any trackable (especially geocoins)... looking for good and challenging locations by example. Almost as a way to reward a given cache and/or owner.

The last time I went to the last Ape Cache in June... there were 35 trackables inside. :)

The last time I went to the last Ape Cache in June... there were 35 trackables inside. :)

I sorta get were you're going with it, but a cache that's not accessed often isn't a fix either.

We're finding long-dormant trackables in "5" terrain hides now, and that's just crazy. :huh:

My shoulder heals, we have one in one of ours now I gotta access to move along.