Reset TB

dakich

How can I reset the km and the logs of a TB ?

Please don't do that. It would mess up the records and stats of everyone who moved or discovered the TB in the past.

I don't think it can be done for the above reason, can it?

The only way to do it would be to delete all the logs, and if I had moved the TB and my log was deleted, I would be [trying to think of a word I can use in the forum to convey what I really mean.]

How can I reset the km and the logs of a TB ?

Please don't do that. It would mess up the records and stats of everyone who moved or discovered the TB in the past.

+1 Yep. :)

Surprised that Groundspeak doesn't have this in a couple of spots, but in the Help Center section on adopting trackables, it does say, "When a Trackable is adopted, do not delete previous logs unless there is a good reason for it, such as obscene or threatening language".

I don't believe it needed to be explained further, as common sense would say everyone who ever came in contact with that trackable would be affected by that action. :)

Edited by cerberus1

The only way to do it would be to delete all the logs, and if I had moved the TB and my log was deleted, I would be [trying to think of a word I can use in the forum to convey what I really mean.]

I experienced this for at least three different trackables (two different users involved). When I wrote a polite message to the owner of two such trackables and pointed out that my trackable logging history (and that of all loggers) got destroyed, I received a quite harsh reply that the trackables are his property (and something else that it is not appropriate for this forum). It's the same kind of frustration that arises if one tries to explain to cachers that it is a very bad idea to publish a list of the codes of all trackables that visited an event in a public log to the event page. In my experience it is best to stay away from writing messages regarding trackables - it's mainly frustrating regardless of how much effort you invest in the formulation.