Will items attatched to TB's be stolen?

LycanthroFee

Hi, all! So I have recently purchased a TB, which I will release on the 13th to mark another anniversary with my girlfriend, but I'm unsure of what to put on it. If I put something of too much value on it, will it be stolen? I'm probably going to attatch it to a charm if I can find one, but I'm scared I'll have something nabbed.

Hi, all! So I have recently purchased a TB, which I will release on the 13th to mark another anniversary with my girlfriend, but I'm unsure of what to put on it. If I put something of too much value on it, will it be stolen? I'm probably going to attatch it to a charm if I can find one, but I'm scared I'll have something nabbed.

The moment you release a TB "in the wild" it's best to consider it lost.

The odds are very good that it will be stolen.

If it's cute or shiny or the least bit attractive, it will go missing.

Never, ever attach anything as a traveller that you can't bear to lose.

B.

Doubtful that your trackable would be "picked clean" of any attachments.

Most times, the entire trackable goes missing.

Exceptions are often plush toys and dolls.

Kids want the toy, not neccessarily the tag attached, and grabbed while Mom's signing the log.

Use a key ring (or light cable) for attachment, rather than that bead chain.

Good luck. :)

I think you have gotten the best advice already, and that is to assume it will disappear. My youngest daughter and I love to put out travel bugs even though our first one went missing after less than two miles was on it. Being creative with the project is half the fun and the more we put out, the more fun we are having. If you purchase something to attach that has value to you, buy a second one to keep for yourself. Consider it sharing a message with the world and it will be more fun and less stress.

thank you all for giving me these wonderful advice! I've chosen a small cuddly rabbit to go on my tb, which I will write 'do not keep me, i am part of a travel bug' and the code on it! hopefully nobody nabs it, but what can you really do? :anitongue: the only way to make sure they're 100% safe is to hang onto them forever!

You could write "Don't steal me" in neon letters 10 feet high and put a rat trap on them so if someone tries to steal them it snaps on them and that still won't stop someone from stealing it. We've lost all of ours and I guess that's the risk you take when you send one out.(I am waiting for the new one to come in memory of our sons trackable that went missing)