What is this multicache?

no_nickname

I was out geocaching the other day for GC5F9M8 and found a clue for another geocache nearby. It was a stick (rectangle shape - about 6-8" long and each side was maybe an inch thick), camo color and had coordinates on it plus a clue for a code, I believe. I went to the coordinates listed and found a similar stick with another code and more coordinates. Those coordinates are about an hour or more away but still in Maryland. Does anyone know what cache this is? I'd like to start at the beginning and follow the whole thing but I see no way to go backwards. Any help would be appreciated. I can provide more details if desired but I didn't want to give away anything about the cache to spoil it for others.

I was out geocaching the other day for GC5F9M8 and found a clue for another geocache nearby. It was a stick (rectangle shape - about 6-8" long and each side was maybe an inch thick), camo color and had coordinates on it plus a clue for a code, I believe. I went to the coordinates listed and found a similar stick with another code and more coordinates. Those coordinates are about an hour or more away but still in Maryland. Does anyone know what cache this is? I'd like to start at the beginning and follow the whole thing but I see no way to go backwards. Any help would be appreciated. I can provide more details if desired but I didn't want to give away anything about the cache to spoil it for others.

I'd contact the owner of GC5FM8. It might be an unpublished "bonus cache" or a published puzzle cache. Generally, for caches like this the coordinates for a bonus cache are obtained from caches placed by the same owner.

I'm not from your part of the world, but I just ran a PQ for all Multis and Mysteries (1000!) closest to that Trad you found, as it could just as easily be a Mystery as a Multi. The nearest Multi is a wee way away (GC259YA). However, there are 4 Mysteries which are all closer: GC29Y5T, GC4K6WY, GC10GR6 and GC573B4, although it could also be a Virtual, I suppose. That said, the info for the Multi looks like that might be your candidate.

Good luck!

I'd contact the owner of GC5FM8. It might be an unpublished "bonus cache" or a published puzzle cache. Generally, for caches like this the coordinates for a bonus cache are obtained from caches placed by the same owner.

I wasn't aware those existed. I'll go contact the owner and see if that is the case.

I'm not from your part of the world, but I just ran a PQ for all Multis and Mysteries (1000!) closest to that Trad you found, as it could just as easily be a Mystery as a Multi. The nearest Multi is a wee way away (GC259YA). However, there are 4 Mysteries which are all closer: GC29Y5T, GC4K6WY, GC10GR6 and GC573B4, although it could also be a Virtual, I suppose. That said, the info for the Multi looks like that might be your candidate.

Good luck!

Thanks for these possibilities! I've checked them out but I'm not sure they match up with what i found. I'll still look into them a bit more.

Perhaps the one with the clues has been archived.

I didn't even think about that. Hopefully that's not the case.