wrong date on log

I live in New Zealand and want to post a disable log for one of my caches for 10th July.

The system twice has changed it to the 9th July.

It may be the 9th in Seattle but even in New York it is after 2am on the 10th July.

I shouldn't have to wait till Seattle catches up to post a log for today!

There are a few log types that won't let you enter a date. The system forces those logs to use the current date.

Except that the "current date" is enforced as Seattle time. This probably won't get fixed until the rest of the date/time issues are resolved.

There are a few log types that won't let you enter a date. The system forces those logs to use the current date.

Except that the "current date" is enforced as Seattle time. This probably won't get fixed until the rest of the date/time issues are resolved.

Thank you. I had thought I was late enough in the day not to have been caught out.

The first time it happened I thought I had clicked on the wrong day.

Then I went to edit it and couldn't.

It is really annoying that although 'they' have known about this issue for years now they seemingly don't care.

Why is it so hard to understand I want the dates on my logs to be a correct and accurate record of what I did today. :-(

And I'm not sure why it's a big deal, but I'm sure you can change the date by editing the log.

What he said^^^^^^^^ takes 10 seconds

The date was locked.

The only way to get it correct is to wait till after midnight in Seattle to log it.

We happen to be 19 hours ahead of Seattle.

So wait several hours, reactivate cache, delete both disable and reactivate cache logs and post a new disable log so as to get it on the right day just because even after years of requests TPTB don't care enough to allocate staff to fixing it.

And I'm not sure why it's a big deal, but I'm sure you can change the date by editing the log.

The date was locked.

That part makes sense to me. I assume that, in addition to running into the difference in time zone -- which I agree is nothing but a bug -- you're also running into the feature that always posts NMs and NAs (and, I assume, Disables) with the date they're posted, not a user specified date. I'm not a fan of that practice, but I admit it makes sense: the thinking (I'm guessing) is that the date on the NM is the date on which you are saying, by posting the NM, that the cache needs maintenance, so that any other date -- like, say, the date you visited GZ -- is irrelevant.

I've run into this when I log my caches the next day and find the NMs and NAs cannot be back dated to agree with my DNF date, but I'm not surprised you're also finding that the Disable log can't be dated in "the future", either.

You missed the point. It shouldn't take "just 10 seconds" it should work from the start. Let's take an extreme example, when you log a cache log type is "needs archived", it's no problem because you can just edit the log and change it to "found it". No big deal, jut takes 10 seconds :ph34r:

Any half decent website with a global audience allows to people to set their local timezone, why not GC?