Cachers Cheating by recording "discovered it" on missing TB

kiltsurfer

What do you do when you find a Geocacher padding their numbers by logging TB that no longer exist?

I lost Mustang Sally in 2004 and someone just logged "discovered it" I messaged the user and no reply. Looked at his TB log and he has discovered a large number of missing TB. They are the king of finding missing TB.

What actions should I take? Is there a way to report it? Or just let it go?

Mustang Sally: https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=40852

Cheater: und Mann https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=146f8090-2ad6-4899-be5d-8662a1a4fe08

Also in looking at other TB that he has discovered, there are a ton of other people doing this.

It's not right.

THANKS

Oh, he's far from "the King"... :)

What is the prize for padding those numbers?

If it's your trackable and you know for fact it's missing, delete it if you want.

That's about all you can do about it.

As you say, there are a ton of people doing this.

Many from lists, random number generators, or someone who's actually hoarding a bunch and taking 'em to events for discover.

I believe (like numbers cheaters) stats did this.

What do you do when you find a Geocacher padding their numbers by logging TB that no longer exist?

In general, I yawn. But if it's my TB, I'll delete the bogus log, and I'd consider sending a note to GS in case they want to know. And then I'll yawn. Filing logs on TBs you've never seen is dumb, but it's not worth complaining about.