Bollard Geocache container

My Geocaching partner gave me a well-crafted bollard (approx 18cm diameter) with a detachable top to hold a large Clip-Lock cache box, for Christmas. After a year searching for a suitable, legal place to put it, I obtained permission and approval from a householder to place it on a grass verge on his property. I fixed it carefully to his satisfaction and left it at 6.00 p.m. one evening but it had been stolen by 8.30 a.m. the very next day!

Obviously I was devastated as my partner had been so excited to win her bid for it on Ebay and it was a very special Christmas present.

Does anyone know who makes these brilliant containers? I would very much like to buy a replacement!

Curious, do you have a pic of it?

Didn't see any caches on your profile listed as "large" to spot any.

To me, a "bollard" is a boat mooring tie-down, but have heard of guard posts on roads, and some in high-traffic forklift areas called bollards too.

Most I've seen were anchored into the ground.

You call it a container, so I'm thinking maybe it's something called by a different name (in the US). :)

Thank for looking! Bollards similar to the one which was stolen cost anything over £120 ($150)here, and that is far to much to pay for a cache container.

The problem with buying from the US is not only the cost of postage to the UK (and this is a bulky, heavy item), but also the import tax can be prohibitive.

I agree about the problem with burying a cache but this is a functioning bollard to prevent vehicles from driving over a grass verge. The fact that the top can be lifted off to access a 1 litre Clip-Lock box inside makes no difference to the purpose and function of the bollard. The cache itself is not buried, it is simply concealed in an existing structure.