magellen

please can anyone help me, I can't load geocaches onto my gps, it keeps saying magellen communicator not found, I have installed it and it is enabled, I don't know what else to try , driving me mad and we want to go caching, it used to work ive got windows 10. thanks in advance

I use Magellen's VantagePoint software, which is free to download, in Windows 10.

Run PQ's, which VantagePoint, pulls directly from GC into the Program, then simply connect my Explorer to my laptop, and sync between laptop and GPSr, that allows me to send the PQ's directly to my Explorer.

The software even asks if I wish photos included. No issues, and the last time I sync'd was a couple of days ago, 5 PQ's all with no issue, covering all North Wales.

Dave

I have a similar problem with my garmin. If I am on the page of the actual cache and try to load to Garmin it says it's not found. but if I go onto the 'find a geocache' page and click on 'show on map' where you can zoom in to get all the caches in the area you want I can load them there by hovering over the cache I want.

As you are a premium member you should look at Pocket Queries. This way you can download up to 1000 caches at a time into the GPS. I've written a simple guide (with pictures!) explaining how to do this for both Magellan and Garmin GPS's. The Magellan one also explains about using Vantage Point (note, that application is Windows only, not MAC).

You can download the instructions from the bottom of the Paperless Geocaching page on my resource site here.