What's the term for . . .

richthediabetic

Is there a term for when you're "caught red handed" by a fellow geocacher? I'm a noob to geocaching, and today I was at a rest stop on the interstate, found a nice large cache, and was stuffing it with loot (swag), when a young couple appeared with GPS in hand, looking for the cache I was stuffing with swag. I was so excited to find a large cache and drop a bunch of loot in it because I had a box full of stuff I had been collecting for this very purpose. I thought it was amusing to have been "caught with my hand in the bag". Wondered if there was a term for that situation. Thanks!

You're playing a game with a million people. You don't get "caught" by them, you just meet them in the field at one of the millions of designated meeting spots: a cache. That's a good thing, not a bad thing. You only need to hide what you're doing from muggles.

Accidental Meet & Greet at GZ. :laughing:

Must this event be at least a half hour long to be considered an event?

:anibad:

It wasn't even supposed to be an event! :mad:

Yes, it was not planned. But these meetings are the ones where we hand off TB to other geocachers in the field.

If you grab me and yell "I caught the possum" you will get a BIG surprise. :o