Newbie: found non-listed benchmark (probably non-NGS)?

Team Hugs

I'm a veteran cacher, but a total newbie when it comes to benchmarks.

On a recent vacation in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I came across the following:

2016-06-28 15.25.25

As far as I can tell (remember, I'm a newbie), I think this is a Michigan state marker denoting the corner used in the Michigan township surveying. As such, I'm guessing that this isn't loggable as an NGS benchmark (at least, I couldn't find anything on geocaching.com at those coordinates).

Is that correct? Is there anything I can/should do with the log information I have on this?

On a recent vacation in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I came across the following:

2016-06-28 15.25.25

As far as I can tell (remember, I'm a newbie), I think this is a Michigan state marker denoting the corner used in the Michigan township surveying. As such, I'm guessing that this isn't loggable as an NGS benchmark (at least, I couldn't find anything on geocaching.com at those coordinates).

Is that correct? Is there anything I can/should do with the log information I have on this?

You can log it on Waymarking.com Visit Link in the US Benchmarks category - they also have a separate category just for 'Public Land' survey marks which would include section corners...

2016-06-28 15.25.25

Correct, its a section corner in Mackinaw county