Geocaching on a bike.

My approach when I've used my bicycle to go geocaching has been to leave my device in a pocket, pack, or somewhere else that's safe. When I get to the location (or near enough to the location that I want to check), then I stop, take out the device, and either start searching or replace the device and continue riding.

I would avoid this style for the s7:

phone.jpg

It's a generic cheap holder from a local discount store, it's excellent for my iPhone 4S but I think your galaxy would suffer due to lack of contact with the sides.

When I was shopping around, I was very tempted by the 'bag' style holders (like this). Waterproofing, secure, plus room for pen and tweezers.

I would avoid this style for the s7:

phone.jpg

It's a generic cheap holder from a local discount store, it's excellent for my iPhone 4S but I think your galaxy would suffer due to lack of contact with the sides.

When I was shopping around, I was very tempted by the 'bag' style holders (like this). Waterproofing, secure, plus room for pen and tweezers.

Yeah, I've been researching and that's definitely a style I've been warned about. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with Quad Lock?

I want to mount a cell phone holder (galaxy s7) to my mountain bike to do a few trails in tucson. Anyone here have experience with cell phone mounts and give me suggestions as to which ones to consider and which ones avoid? Hope I posted this in the right forum.

after seeing the ram mounts fail and eject gps and phones, i decided to experiment with thermoset plastics. long story short, each new device needed a dedicated mount... which meant reworking the last mount.

fast forward thirty thousand miles, and i found the finn mounts:

http://getfinn.com/en/

i was leaving for a motorcycle trip (off road) and amazon would not ship it fast enough, so i made my own similar mount from an old heavy duty tube. it's my favorite way to mount a phone to a bike, street bike, supermoto, dualsport, or dirt bike, now. i can drag the motorcycle backwards by holding the phone (that secure) and instead of smashing the device against trees (oops) it just moves out of the way.

i have about 300 miles on it now, i won't be looking at other options after the abuse i've seen it handle.

also, if you notice the $90 ram mounts now employ a similar rubber band (interesting, isn't it?) to prevent ejections from their own mounts.

:)

I've had Ram mounts for every phone & GPSr on every bike & motorcycle I've ever owned.

Never had a problem with any Ram bike mount, including the one for the Nuvi on my Harley. :)

totally correct

i know people that have said exactly the same, with over fifty thousand miles. then others that didn't make it to the highway. doesn't seem to matter what kind of bike, cruiser, street, dirt, which doesn't make sense to me.